Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLI performance - Can we get some numbers? Benchmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLI performance - Can we get some numbers? Benchmarks?

As I whittled out in a nvnews thread, I'm considering a graphics upgrade. I don't have that much spare cash at the moment so rather than just chucking in a 470 (for ~?210) or 480 (~?300), I'd like to see if buying another GTX260 (~?100, or less used) and using SLI is an option.

The response from NvNews wasn't that helpful. A few anecdotal responses and then the thread slid off into "Does SLI work at all?". I really want some numbers. I want to know how many frames per second extra (or fewer) I'll get if I chuck another GTX260 in.

Can anybody here furnish me with such data?

Basically thats not a valid comparison as the GTX 260 is a DX10 and the others are DX11 cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Basically thats not a valid comparison as the GTX 260 is a DX10 and the others are DX11 cards.
      I don't use that much DirectX in Ubuntu and until any linux nvidia driver takes D3D commands, I'm not going to worry too much about the Windows-only featuresets of various NV cards.

I'm really not asking for a comparison between models at all, just a few SLI and non-SLI benchmarks. The latest I see on Phoronix is three years old.

An update would be appreciated to see if 3 years of driver development has improved things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        I don't use that much DirectX in Ubuntu and until any linux nvidia driver takes D3D commands, I'm not going to worry too much about the Windows-only features of various NV cards.

I'm really not asking for a comparison between models at all, just a few SLI and non-SLI benchmarks on the same hardware. The latest I see on Phoronix is three years old.

An update would be appreciated to see if 3 years of driver development has improved things.

Comment

Nvidia is planning on improving SLi performance in Linux but right now it is not a high priority.

Re: SLI with GTX 400 Series We've had tentative plans to improve SLI flexibility, configurability and (directly or indirectly through the former) on Linux/etc. for some time, and I still expect those plans will come to fruition at some point. However, for various reasons, I cannot even speculate when that might be. Unfortunately, there's a lot of higher-priority work that SLI improvements take a back seat to.

Comment

Is it true that NVidia had released a Open Source software Which can select from the configuration of the Personal computers the correct and new versions of the driver? It would sure be of lot of help. But it is learnt that Nvidia gives only executable drivers and not the source code of the software. It seems one of the Company spokesman reported that if they reveal the source code, they will lose the strategic advantage. That is it!

Comment

Working...
            X