Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i still recommend flattr as a good donation-system

Comment

Michael: have you considered adding support for Flattr?

I really support the idea, it seems very well thought-out, and it could provide extra revenue from people that don't visit phoronix a lot, but still want to say "thanks, that was interesting".

Comment

Ads should be back
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I don't see the ads yet, though the article are back to multi-pages. I've got AdBlock plus, but it's disabled for Phoronix (and most sites I read).

I don't mind the ads at all. I also make a point to click on them now and then, especially for in-depth articles. I preferred the older add system, since there were ads for Gigabyte and other hardware makers, that were more interesting to me, and it also felt more direct (like knowing that hardware maker decided to put its add on Phoronix and target Linux users). Now I click, but nothing I'm interested in.

I've got no problems with Microsoft adds on a Linux site - love it actually. Knowing that by clicking on the add I can make Microsoft give more money to support a Linux site is gratifying

However, Mickael, does your previous comment means you don't get paid more when we click on the ads (in which case there wouldn't be much point for me to keep clicking)?

Comment

Just wanted to add that since I'm disabled and live on low income, I'm happy adds give me the opportunity not to be just a leecher

Comment

Originally posted by miles View Post
              Just wanted to add that since I'm disabled and live on low income, I'm happy adds give me the opportunity not to be just a leecher
              I can confirm the ads are back now.

Comment

Phoronix had ads?

(Sorry, somebody had to say it. )

Comment

FlashBlock + FastestChrome on Chromium web browser = almost Phoronix Premium (all flash-based adds are blocked except those you want to see, and you can see the whole article on one page).

Comment

Originally posted by DoDoENT View Post
                    FlashBlock + FastestChrome on Chromium web browser = almost Phoronix Premium (all flash-based adds are blocked except those you want to see, and you can see the whole article on one page).
                    Plus you'll be lacking rich OpenBenchmarking.org embedded graphs.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by spinkham View Post
                      I subscribe to Premium, and am happy to have the ads gone and single page articles. However, I'm not happy with the hoops I have to jump through to get that.
                      If premium would change so that logins last more then a day, it would be worth it, but as is I probably won't be renewing.
                      That's exactly how I feel! The extra hop almost defeats the purpose of being a premium user since every time I open a new browser session (which happens often when using an RSS reader) I have to do the forum hop through. I am not going to be renewing. It's much simpler just to enable ad-block on the site.

Comment

Working...
                      X