Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeeGo 1.1 Has Arrived For Intel Atom & ARMv7

Phoronix: MeeGo 1.1 Has Arrived For Intel Atom & ARMv7

The developers behind the MeeGo operating system, the Linux-based distribution that married Moblin and Maemo, have just released version 1.1. MeeGo 1.1 is available for Intel Atom and ARMv7 architectures and comes in the netbook, IVI (in-vehicle information/entertainment systems), and handset editions. Besides the core MeeGo OS hitting 1.1, the MeeGo SDK 1.1 has reached beta and will be released before the MeeGo Summit next month in Dublin...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Running under KVM - virtio?

Any special settings needed to run this under virtual machine manager (KVM)? I think last time I tried this it failed because I was using a virtio disk which the kernel didn't support and didn't get around to trying again with the correct settings.

Comment

seems that the package manager is not giving an option to upgrade a current 1.0 to 1.1, which is very odd and inconvenient

Comment

An ARMv6+VFP build is what is needed for n8x0 support.

Then n8x0 kernel need work too apparently it sure would be nice if the work would get done and mainlined.

Comment

FYI there is no easy upgrade path from 1.0 to 1.1 at the moment.

Comment

It's stunning, it's beautiful but yet I don't get why this QT based distro uses exclusively GTK apps plus Mono apps...
            Nautilus, evolution, eog, banshee etc etc...

Also, like before they still consider useless a logout/poweroff/suspend button. The matter is that the power button of my netbook triggers nothing when I press it and thus I have to use command line or ctrl+alt+del to reboot it. This kind of simplicity makes it to look lame...

Comment

Working...
            X