Please add SpringRTS games into benchmark suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please add SpringRTS games into benchmark suite

SpringRTS is an amazing engine demanding high performance CPU/GPU capacities.

It is now for Linux and Windows.

Good examples:

Evolution rts, the cursed, Gundam rts, Zero-K

Any games though based upon SpringRTS that actually offer a nice benchmark / timed demo mode?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Look's nice indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        thats not the question the real question is why do you want benchmark quake3 again and again ??????

whats the difference on quake 3 200 fps or 400 fps ? ? ? it makes no sence.

but if you have 20fps or 30fps on spring it makes a REAL difference!

1944 is a nice opensource game with spring engine its opensource why not programm an benchmark mode?

you are the right man to do that!

i really spend you money again if you benchmark a OS game thats really matters TA spring for exampel!
        It is the entire question... If there are no good games capable of being easily benchmarked in an automated manner on this engine, then I can't include them. I personally don't know of any, which is why I asked those wanting the SpringRTS. If you can find such a game, it will be included immediately.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          It is the entire question... If there are no good games capable of being easily benchmarked in an automated manner on this engine, then I can't include them. I personally don't know of any, which is why I asked those wanting the SpringRTS. If you can find such a game, it will be included immediately.
          Svn checkout

although its not a game.

Exactly, you need a tool to benchmark.
          Well, currently there are few people play these games, and mostly knew the games requirements.

Why I ask benchmark for? Just a media coverage, nobody report the greatest engine on earth, 0 A.D. was suck to hell but many know it.

Benchmark topic was discussed

but I don't understand

Comment

Um, for all games, I can run with all low settings.

Comment

@jiero Which one is that?

I never tried any of the spring rts games because the related sites are a big mess. I remember jumping from page to page never really understanding what was needed to actually install and play the games. I didn't put much effort into it, that's true, but most of the times it doesn't take much effort to find a download link to a binary or a package. In this case it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                if there is no funktion you need why not programm one by your self ?

i'm really sure some sping fanboys spend you money for that.

spring do have the biggest online playing comunity of all opensource RTS games.. remember that!
                Because I am always busy and have no experience with the Spring engine... If there is some Spring fan that wants to code the patch(es), go right ahead and then it will be in PTS like you guys are wanting.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

You guys should really go ask one of the Spring game devs. or even their community to make a "benchmarkable" demo, instead of pestering Michael. There have been discussions like this already and the answer is always the same: if there is a demo capable of being benchmarked then it will be included.

Comment

Working...
                  X