NVIDIA GT 425M: Windows 7 Ultimate vs. Ubuntu 10.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    But most gamers want the new, big, expensive productions. Those who cost millions of dollars to produce. That doesn't mean they don't play smaller titles; it just means they can live without the small titles, but not without the A-titles. And not vice versa.
    Man.
    I bought Fallout 3.
    It sucks.
    I wish I could do moneyback.

Fallout 1&2 were so much better! Same as Xcom, Ja2 etc. All by little indie studios.

*cough*

Comment

Yeah, sure does Fallout 3 suck. That's why it sells so well, because people think it sucks and they don't buy it. :-P Needless to say it sold more copies than all Linux indie games combined...

Comment

Wow, surprising that in this whole thread only one post did mention Compiz/Desktop effect:
        System > Preference > Apparence > Visual Effect > off

make the test

Doesn't look too much hard.

I wonder if will never happen that Phoronix try to benchmark using a distro like Puppylinux.. or even better: TurboPup Xtreme

Comment

Nvidia drivers for linux do not support even for Optimus technology.

I have an Asus U30JC (intel core i3 350M & nvidia 310M) and the X server does not start when I install nvidia drivers.

How you got it?

Comment

Originally posted by yoniyoni View Post
            Nvidia drivers for linux do not support even for Optimus technology.

I have an Asus U30JC (intel core i3 350M & nvidia 310M) and the X server does not start when I install nvidia drivers.

How you got it?
            Better optimus laptops allow selection of GPU from the bios, linux runs fine on them.

Comment

Thanks, I had read similar comments in other forums.
              Send an e-mail to asus tech support and they told me that the solution was to wait for publication Nvidia drivers with support for Optimus

Comment

Originally posted by yoniyoni View Post
                Thanks, I had read similar comments in other forums.
                Send an e-mail to asus tech support and they told me that the solution was to wait for publication Nvidia drivers with support for Optimus
                Lol, typical Asus support. Trust me I have dealt more with them then I care to admit over the last year or so. Maybe point them to nvnews.net where nvidia has stated that they are not bringing optimus to linux. Make sure you are dealing with a tier 2 rep and make sure that he forwards it on to engineering. I've had to go over their head a few times and contact headoffice overseas via phone before they corrected a few BIOS issues on their boards.

Comment

If you want to read how bad their support is check out this thread:

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...t-by-far-in-NA.

Comment

Working...
                  X