Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easiest way to switch between xorg-edgers and git?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are on Evergreen then you need another small patch to enable all vram. It's in dri-devel mailing list somewhere, search for evergreen vram patch by Alex Deucher. It's not yet in drm-next nor in drm-radeon-testing.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
      If you are on Evergreen then you need another small patch to enable all vram. It's in dri-devel mailing list somewhere, search for evergreen vram patch by Alex Deucher. It's not yet in drm-next nor in drm-radeon-testing.
      So I'm at it again.. I found the patch (this one right?: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/004843.html), built a kernel with it, but still running into the "out of adapter memory" errors. Is it somehow possible that it's not active?

Comment

'dmesg | grep VRAM' will tell you. But your problem sounds more like a Wine problem to me.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          'dmesg | grep VRAM' will tell you. But your problem sounds more like a Wine problem to me.
          Hmm no, I booted with an older pre-patch kernel and it still said 1024MB VRAM, I think the patch only prevents the driver from actually using it. It does run fine on nVidia card/drivers, so it's probably somewhere in mesa or radeon. But still working on it

Comment

Ah well, finally figured out that those errors were due to WINEs poor detection routines. I didn't get much further though as my machine will hang a bit later into the game. Time to check something simpler, I have a few piglit tests that freeze me up as well...

Comment

Working...
            X