Originally posted by foobar66 View Post
    I am running latest kernel 2.6.36.

ATI driver does not compile.

> cd /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod
    > ./make.sh

CC [M] /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o
    CC [M] /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.o
    CC [M] /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_agp.o
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:410: error: unknown field ?ioctl? specified in initializer
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:410: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_MapPageToPfn?:
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1636: warning: unused variable ?bus_addr?
    CC [M] /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_debug.o
    make[2]: *** [/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_debug.c:51: warning: ?struct tty_struct? declared inside parameter list
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_debug.c:51: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_debug.c:60: warning: ?struct tty_struct? declared inside parameter list
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_debug.c:67: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_debug.c:74: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Any clue?

try to compile with these files, they worked for me, i cant link a patch because the patch that i found didnt work with the latest catalyst, so i had to manually patch these it

Comment

When you want to use Debian/Ubuntu just use my script.

@RealNC

In theory it should have worked, maybe you hd fglrx preinstalled and switched with

update-alternatives --config gl_conf
      initramfs -u
      ldconfig

before, you have to repeat this or you have to uninstall fglrx and reinstall from scratch (thats the way i use in my script, feel free to use it if you also want to use .36 kernels). When you installed it on a pure install you usually don't use radeon with kms anymore so you might have just forgotten to use:

rm -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf*
      aticonfig --initial --nobackup

Feel free to use "sudo -i"

Comment

carries v-sync fixes
        The vsync has NOT been fixed. I still have the same sh#it every new update

Comment

plymouth still dont show splash...

Comment

Well you can try adding vga=791 to your bootoptions. fglrx does definitely NOT use kms, so that will never work.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
              plymouth still dont show splash...
              Sad.
              Originally posted by salva84 View Post
              Sadder.

Did they at least re-fix the unmaximize bug that was present in every Catalyst except 10.6?

Comment

Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post
                http://rapidshare.com/files/42668263...x-8.783.tar.gz

try to compile with these files, they worked for me, i cant link a patch because the patch that i found didnt work with the latest catalyst, so i had to manually patch these it
                Excellent. This works with kernel 2.6.36. Thanks for helping out.

Comment

I mean the unminimize bug.
                  Damn the 1 minute edit. Whose brilliant idea was that...

Comment

Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post
                    http://rapidshare.com/files/42668263...x-8.783.tar.gz

Excellent. That worked for me on kernel 2.6.36. Thanks for helping out.

Comment

Originally posted by salva84 View Post
                      I don't got any problems with that. Did you adjust your vsync settings within amdcccle?

Comment

Working...
                      X