Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series Graphics Cards On Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i reed aticonfig help stuff, the mode from CCC is MIRROR, and i cant change it by CLI for clone, for different resolutions and same content, but drivers doesnt work, need reinstall system.. i have realy mess with drivers... nothing works...

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Quick answer is that I am not sure. At minimum it should have the helpful changes that came with UVD 2, but AFAIK it does not substantially change the risk picture.

We'll know more in another week or two. I was expecting the first Fusion parts to launch a bit earlier and the first Northern Island parts to launch a bit later, so I guess you could say we are in better shape for Ontario and worse shape for Barts than we would be in a perfect world. Initial feedback is that there are some non-trivial changes in the display portion, so stay tuned.
      Sad, but i'm having high hopes for a special AMD surprise for the coming months:
      - More OpenGL gallium support (up till OpenGL 3.1?)
      - 6xxx support

Why? Since that has been "said" on these forums a few months ago.
      I don't know if it was said by AMD devs or just people hoping for it, but somehow it doesn't seem as far fetched since AMD is also quitting classic mesa and putting more effort in gallium.

I just patiently wait a few months (till the 67xx and 69xx cards are released).

Comment

I'm not a developer either but I really really doubt OpenGL 3.0 let alone 3.1 happens in the next few months. I mean, currently they're sorting out legal issues on whether parts of it even can be implemented.
        6xxx support probably starts rolling forward next week given Alex commented he's getting a card of that series then.

Comment

I know the Intel devs wanted to get GLSL 1.3 support done by the end of the year. That's different from full GL3 support, though, and I'd be shocked if AMD was working on implementing more GL support in Mesa given that they still have to catch up on basic hardware driver support.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
            its difficult to make 2 differend resolutions for monitor + TV?

monitor native is 1280x1024
            TV native [the one only available] is 1024x768 [old CRT TV via svideo cable]

to have TV + monitor at same time need to change to TV native or lower
            Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Ahh, so you want the same content on two displays of different resolutions, right ?
            I'm not sure if the open source drivers are able to do that yet... but if they are I expect it would take some fancy xrandr-fu.
            This is theoretically possible with xrandr, but I have never tested that exact setup (I don't have a TV). As it requires xrandr 1.3 you'll need at least xserver 1.6 and xf86-video-ati 6.13.0, but I recommend using a later version if it is available in the distribution of your choice.

1. First figure out the output names and native modes of your displays. The easiest way to do this is to connect the displays and run xrandr with no arguments and look through the output. If you are running an old kernel or are using UMS you might have to reboot your computer after connecting the displays before running xrandr.

For the purpose of this guide I'm assuming the primary display is named "DVI-0" and has a native mode of 1280x1024, and the tv display is named "DIN" and has a native mode of 1024x768.

2. Turn of the tv display using xrandr:
            Code:
            xrandr --output DIN --off
            Use the name of your tv display as output.
            Strictly speaking this should not be necessary, but I have found that turning of any secondary displays first avoids a lot of problems later...

3. Configure the primary display using xrandr:
            Code:
            xrandr --output DVI-0 --mode 1280x1024 --pos 0x0 --primary
            Use the name of your primary display as output, and the native mode of your primary display as mode.
            Your primary display is most likely already correctly configured, but reconfiguring it anyway doesn't hurt.

4. Configure the tv display using xrandr:
            Code:
            xrandr --fb 1280x1024 --output DIN --mode 1024x768 --scale 1.25x1.333 --same-as DVI-0
            Use the native mode of your primary display as fb, the name of your tv display as output, the native mode of your tv display as mode, and the name of your primary display as same-as. Scale is calculated by dividing the x and y values of your primary display mode with the corresponding value of your tv display mode.

Comment

xrandr: cannot find crtc for output TV

xrandr 1.2

Comment

ok, changed DVi connector on my graphic card to other, and it works, but some programs have problems like firefox, they MAXIMIZE to 1024x768 not to 1280x1024

need to move them around for a while and maximize again to get full size

green line is 1024/768

and this is maximized size, but it works good after running around with window and max again

thanks for this commands ^^

Comment

no.. it doesnt work... any fullscreen application is crazy now,

starcraft [with wine] turn off my LCD and only use TV[only example, native programs do same]

its not what i wanted :<

Comment

Is Starcraft doing a mode set ? If so, that will probably over-write all the stuff you carefully set up.

Check and see if there is a game option or Wine option to prevent the game from changing modes on you.
                    Test signature

Comment

xvba-video 0.7.6.pre3

Hi, if someone happens to have an HD 6000 series graphics card, would he please try the current xvba-video 0.7.6.pre3 along with vaapi hwdecode-demos?

hwdecode-demos:
                      splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

xvba-video 0.7.6.pre3:
                      splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

As usual, the useful report would include the following command line, along with a screenshot of the window only (no desktop). e.g. Alt+PrintScreen with GNOME.

$ XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=0 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240
                      (then try XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=15)

$ XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=0 ./vaapi_vc1 --size 320x240 --glx --no-glx-use-reflection
                      (then try XVBA_VIDEO_EVERGREEN_WORKAROUND=11 or 169).

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X