Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with fglrx (compiz, hibernation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with fglrx (compiz, hibernation)

I've installed newest fglrx drivers via jockey (my system is kubuntu 10.10 and my graphic card is radeon HD 3470). It's 10.10 version which is not available on amd's site yet. However I have some problems with it
    3D acceleration seems to work fine (glxgears shows over 300 fps) but there are problems with window manager. Windows don't move smooth, the same is when I resize windows, switch desktops or scroll window content (e.g. website in browser).
    Another problem is with hibernation/suspending. It takes few minutes to resume (every resume is longer than previous one) - during this time system performs some heavy disk operation and it's nearly impossible to do anything due to huge slow down. During it I tried
    Code:
    free -m
    few times and it looked like system was moving a lot of data from physical memory to swap.
    Are there any solutions for those problems? When I was using open source drivers everything was fine with hibernation.

I've tried chrome but it's the same. I guess that it's something with driver. I've been using Catalyst 10.9 before and there everything was fine except hibernation/suspend issue and problems with resizing windows (many people complain about it).
    I thought that my problems were due to some wrong configuration and it's rather easy to fix it
    Before Catalyst I've been using open source drivers and everything worked (hibernation, windows). The reason I switched to fglrx was that I couldn't configure it to work with two screens (with fglrx it works). I also heard that fglrx can be much faster and is better with power saving (is it true?).
    So if there won't be any solution for my fglrx problems I will switch to open drivers but will need your help as well

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      LOL i switch from catalayst10.10 to radeon last week.

and yes radeon is faster in desktop use
      Ok, nice to hear that it's better And how about 3D and power saving (it's important when you use laptop)?
      I think that I'll try radeon drivers again (last time it worked very good in desktop use). Only issue I had with it was dual screen but I hope that you or someone else here will be able to help me with it

Comment

Working...
      X