Intel GMA 4500 MHD 1080p playback performance in Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel GMA 4500 MHD 1080p playback performance in Linux

Does anyone have experience with 1080p video in Linux with the Intel GMA 4500MHD integrated video?

I've heard that it can handle some 1080p video without dropping frames, but once you get up to videos 20gb in size, it starts dropping a lot of frames.

Specifically, could this board output 1080p video to one 1920x1200 screen while in a dual-display configuration with another 1920x1200 screen, without dropping frames?

Any anecdotal or objective evidence you could provide would be very helpful.

Thanks,

- Neil

Its not yet accellerated. It was announced that vaapi support would be added end of this year but no support yet in libva/i965 driver. Currently only HD graphics has h264 support (maybe not interlaced).

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Its not yet accellerated. It was announced that vaapi support would be added end of this year but no support yet in libva/i965 driver. Currently only HD graphics has h264 support (maybe not interlaced).
      What is the "HD Graphics" that you refer to? Do you have a more precise name so I can search for Mini-ITX boards that have it as their on-board video?

Comment

H55,H57,Q57 together with i3 or i5 dual cores.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          There now is motion-based deinterlacing in the HD Graphics driver. Along with non-linear anisotropic scaling. All OSS, of course. There is even noise reduction but not exposed yet, and other postprocessing algorithms on the way.

As for supporting the older G45 chipsets, my guess is this might come next year along with new Atom cores with this IGP upgrade. But I'd rather settle with an HD Graphics.

BTW, TranquilPC has a fanless solution for Core iX.

Comment

So there isn't yet support for hardware acceleration of h264 for the 4500 mhd????

Comment

Working...
            X