Cant rotate second screen in ubuntu 10.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant rotate second screen in ubuntu 10.10

Hi, I have installed from scratch Ubuntu 10.10, I have an ATI 5850, and two displays, and my second display I have rotated 90? right, but when I try to configure, in the DIsplays option, the system logged me off, and if I install the proprietary controller, when trying to rotate through ati option, both screen go black, and I have to reboot in rescue mode and execute aticonfig --initial. What can I try?

Thank you

I also noticed that the open source driver is working great, but the fan of the graphic card is doing more noise than working with the proprietary driver. I thought to install the last kernel (2.6.36) through kernelcheck in order to solve it, do you agree?

Comment

The OSS drivers don't support fan control, leaving fan control to your card. If the onboard fan control sucks, there isn't much you can do about it.

How did you configure fglrx? xrandr-based multiscreen (aticonfig --initial) or zaphod-based (aticonfig --initial --dual-screen)?

If the former, rotating the screen with xrandr works fine for me, e.g.
      Code:
      xrandr --output DVI-0 --rotate right
      or similar.

Comment

The open source drivers don't automatically enable power saving - are you setting a lower power profile or running at full power ? If you are running at full power then the fan will need to go faster to compensate.

See the RadeonFeature wiki page at x.org for info on using the power control features of the driver.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
          The OSS drivers don't support fan control, leaving fan control to your card. If the onboard fan control sucks, there isn't much you can do about it.

How did you configure fglrx? xrandr-based multiscreen (aticonfig --initial) or zaphod-based (aticonfig --initial --dual-screen)?

If the former, rotating the screen with xrandr works fine for me, e.g.
          Code:
          xrandr --output DVI-0 --rotate right
          or similar.
          whey I try it, I obtain the same result, the system (ubuntu 10.10) logout.

Comment

Working...
          X