Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 15 Might Be Dubbed Malmstrom, Woody

Phoronix: Fedora 15 Might Be Dubbed Malmstrom, Woody

Rather than coming up with the codename for the next Fedora release deep within Red Hat, the community is leveraged with anyone being allowed to propose a potential name prior to these names being reviewed by Red Hat's legal department and the voting on the final name then commencing by Fedora contributors. With this open process, there's also more than a few interesting name proposals with each release. Case in point, Fedora 14 could have been called Fytnargin. With the release of Fedora 14 now being just a month out, name proposals for Fedora 15 have started...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They're actually considering "Woody"? If I remember correctly, that's the name of an old version of Debian...

Comment

Originally posted by Plombo View Post
      They're actually considering "Woody"? If I remember correctly, that's the name of an old version of Debian...
      Woody is Debian 3.0 from some time in 2002 IIRC

Comment

That is just a list of submissions. Nothing has been accepted to or rejected from consideration yet.

Comment

Let's just hope it's not mooninite. Because 2d will be getting old by then.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

what's up with all of the german names?

Comment

Originally posted by Plombo View Post
              Exactly. "Laughlin is a Linux distribution and so is Woody". It's just someone having a little fun with the link rule.

Comment

Working...
              X