ATI Linux Users Get Excited For Catalyst 10.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by migizi View Post
    I agree that dual monitors are awesome. What I don't agree with is the issue with setting them up using the ATI propertiy driver. I have been using the early release drive in Arch for awhile. I even have dual monitors setup with KDE SC desktop effects. All I did was use the ATI utilities to configure it.
    The Catalyst GUI didn't do anything at all for me. I ran it as root as well. So I had to resort to fiddling with xorg.conf which at best got me a corrupted display that wasn't the correct size. And no, adding a Virtual line to xorg.conf didn't help; it actually made my maximum resolution smaller than it was without it.

Comment

Or it was AMD's IP it was based on. Go check out the CPU's on Wikipedia. SorrybI can't link myself; I'm still on Opera mini on broken phone here :}

Comment

I tried the leaked driver and it's still locking up with Steam based games through WINE. I was able to play TF2 with terrible FPS (10-12) and after 5 minutes the driver locked the system up again.

Comment

Originally posted by JeanPaul145 View Post
          Interesting that wikipedia's article on HTC phones wouldn't mention anything about that. Plenty of Qualcomm's and TI's SOCs in there though...

Comment

When is the final coming out?

Comment

It didn't fix vsync with my HD5770.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                I like AMD too, but let's not get carried away. Where's my video decode acceleration at?
                Rhetorical or not, the video acceleration of catalyst isn't that good too.

Here, try the 1080p mp4 Trailer

and enjoy the block artifacts. It may be that it can't decode x264 high @ Level 5 properly, but I'm not sure it happens for other techniques too...

@Topic: I'm not excited about this driver either.
                In fact I changed to the open source driver, after the video acceleration of catalyst left me with a defunct X.

It's funny that xf86-video-ati-git and mesa-git is way more stable than the official driver.

Comment

I downloaded OGG version highest possible, no problem with playback. x264 just suck

phenomII 810 x4
                  radeon 4850 passive cooling, stock clocks

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
                    I downloaded OGG version highest possible, no problem with playback. x264 just suck

phenomII 810 x4
                    radeon 4850 passive cooling, stock clocks
                    Same here with the 2K x264 version. No Problems.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
                      Yea sure, when someone comes to you to watch a film you'll just reencode it before watching, because x264 sucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X