nouveau and google earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nouveau and google earth

I decided to try out mesa 7.9 with nouveau and my nvidia 9600GT. When I run google earth the program falls back to software rasterizing which is painfully slow. I was able to get the gallium driver to work with armagetron advanced, trigger, neverball, but not others. Enemy Territory didn't work and d2x-xl wouldn't even load. I'm fine with those two but I really use google earth on almost a daily basis and I am curious if others here have Google Earth working with the gallium driver?

Are you trying to run 32 bit software on a 64 bit OS? Ensure that you also have the proper 32 bit Mesa libraries installed.

Comment

That is the problem. I'm running Gentoo and I failed to update the 32-bit drivers. Well I think I'll just leave the nvidia binary blob in then because I don't feel like rolling my own 32-bit mesa. I know how to do it I really don't have the time to do it because it hard codes the paths and chances are I'll mess up on the install paths and have to try a couple of times to get my 32-bit mesa to work.

Comment

Working...
      X