No announcement yet.

Mono 2.8 Is Out With C# 4.0, Better Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening people, sorry to intrude on the trollfest, but I see a conflict here.

LLVM 2.8 release notes
    In LLVM 2.8, the VMKit .NET VM is no longer being maintained.
    TFA
    the LLVM support is now considered stable

Comment

This post is sponsored by the marketing department of [censored] Corporation (TM).

So much ignorance and hatred on this thread... I love it!

The Mono runtime offers a way to code in Python and consume your code from Ruby, Java or any other compatible language. This is extremely valuable to application developers. Plus, the ecosystem rocks.

Haters gonna hate. They are irrelevant anyway.

Comment

This post is sponsored by... oh, go away!

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
        Simply, Qt. Much better runtime performance, great multithreading support and much more. Consistency etc.
        And bugs. Lots of them!

Besides, you can use Qt from Mono and get the best of both worlds.

Get the hell out with such ms bullshit out of here. Better check how many patents ms breaks. And Linux is here to compete with ms not to serve them.
        Oh,rly?

And here I thought Linux was a kernel. Can we place bets, too?

Comment

Just like Mono is irrelevant, despite the efforts to shove it everywhere.

Java is GPL. This alone kills any need for Mono on a free platform.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            Just like Mono is irrelevant, despite the efforts to shove it everywhere.

Java is GPL. This alone kills any need for Mono on a free platform.
            Oracle would like to have a word with you. It's Java(TM) and your use of the name is infringing a copyright and some nebulous patents.

Look up Oracle vs Google.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
              And bugs. Lots of them!
              Repeating that will not make it true, fudboy. Qt is certainly better engineered and stable than anything that's ever come out of Ximian.

I don't really see Qt as a competitor to Mono. Java, Python and Ruby are more direct competitor. And they are all better and more free and open than Mono.

Comment

Repeating that will not make it true, fudboy. Qt is certainly better engineered and stable than anything that's ever come out of Ximian.

I don't really see Qt as a competitor to Mono. Java, Python and Ruby are more direct competitor. And they are all better and more free and open than Mono.
                Calling Java "free" these days is quite ironic.

I don't see Qt as a competitor either. It is a great library to use from Mono, Java, Python and Ruby. Or C++ if you are into S&M and segfault hell.

Comment

Oracle would like to have a word with you. It's Java(TM) and your use of the name is infringing a copyright and some nebulous patents.

Look up Oracle vs Google.
                  Look up Sun vs Microsoft, or how Microsoft tried to corrupt Java to run only on Windows.

When that failed, they made a Java for Windows (tm) = .Net, and tried to sell it as a Java equivalent.

I'm very happy that you can run Microsoft Java and Win API and Direct X on top of your Windows gfx driver, but the world is still sane and happy as long as most users are not dependent on that crap.

Comment

Calling Java "free" these days is quite ironic.
                    I didn't call it "free", I called it more free than C#.

But you do have an argument. A North Korean prison is more free than C#, so it's not a very informative statement.

You are getting spoonfed MS technology by a former MS employee. Good luck with that. Leave the rest of the Linux ecosystem out of it.

There was a time when GNOME was started to prevent a small Norwegian company from controlling the free desktop. It is an irony of fate that nowadays you have KDE to ensure that Microsoft does not control the free desktop, as it is not built on patented MS technology.

Comment

Look up Sun vs Microsoft, or how Microsoft tried to corrupt Java to run only on Windows.

When that failed, they made a Java for Windows (tm) = .Net, and tried to sell it as a Java equivalent.
                      Indeed. And the replacement turned out to be superior to Java.

And unlike Java you won't get sued if you make additions to .Net.

I'm very happy that you can run Microsoft Java and Win API and Direct X on top of your Windows gfx driver, but the world is still sane and happy as long as most users are not dependent on that crap.
                      Eh? Last time I checked the world was happy being dependent on that crap. Or that other fruity crap.

We, who care, are but a tiny minority.

Comment

Working...
                      X