X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petition for AIGLX support in fglrx driver

please consider signing this petition

Matteo

oh well, i can sign it, but i doubt it will have any effect whatsoever.

Comment

I really hope that the new OpenGL driver will make things better in fglrx.

We would know more if the AMD-future article from Michael would come someday... just like AIGLX support ^^

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        I really hope that the new OpenGL driver will make things better in fglrx.

We would know more if the AMD-future article from Michael would come someday... just like AIGLX support ^^
        You can hope... But in the short-term, I doubt it will. Long-term, it might be a different story, but since they've still not really got the R600 chips out of engineering eval yet...

Comment

At the Red Hat summit AMD’s Henri Richard said that AMD will fix the ATI driver problems with Open Source. According to German technology news heise.de details will be given soon. Christoph B…

btw, did you see this one? i hope they're not all-talk. it might suggest some changes in driver quality perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
            http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/0...promises-soon/

btw, did you see this one? i hope they're not all-talk. it might suggest some changes in driver quality perhaps.
            To me, I would consider this as a welcoming news. If AMD can really deliver what was stated, I guess there is still hope for ATI in Linux.

Comment

Great! Kernel 2.6.21 and Xorg 7.3 is the most important for now, than AIGLX + Performance.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                Great! Kernel 2.6.21 and Xorg 7.3 is the most important for now, than AIGLX + Performance.
                Kernel 2.6.21 should be working with the latest public driver, is it not for you? For the other, just be sure to stick around the forums
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Kernel 2.6.21: I heard about some problems. I can't confirm these for myself.
                  Xorg 1.3: I know that Kano from KANOTIX has a workaround for this. If you did not mean that, it was a hidden message that 8.37 supports it. Thanks.

Most distributions who have the new Kernel also have Xorg 1.3. I am currently waiting for Sidux 2007-02 based on Debian/sid, the first preview of it comes this weekend. It has Kernel 2.6.21 and Xorg 1.3, too.

Comment

michael is not getting his hopes up for anything more than kernel + x.org support.

that's too bad :/

do we also have to take it as a hidden message?

Comment

Working...
                    X