Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an xorg file for dual 5970s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an xorg file for dual 5970s?

I had things working at first with eyefinity and all that with just the aitconfig --initial. Then I decided to get brave and try to enable crossfire. Now my xorg file is messed up. So in moving things around I guess i didn't save a good copy of the xorg file and aticonfig --initial doesn't fix me up anymore. I don't get any errors, but when I restart X it's just a black screen

Also should I be using the catalyst drivers or the open source ones? I'm in ubuntu 10.04 with 2 5970s crossfire'd

remove the broken xorg.conf before generating a fresh one with aticonfig --initial. IIRC aticonfig won't overwrite an existing xorg.conf by default.

There may also be residual configuration settings in /etc/ati/amdpcsdb - AFAIK it's safe to delete that file to get back to defaults.

Comment

The -f option allows aticonfig to make bigger changes to xorg.conf; don't know if that is enough to fix up a totally broken conf file though...
      Test signature

Comment

Awesome that worked! Thanks to both of you. I'll backup my Xorg this time before I screw it up again.

Comment

Working...
        X