• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humm...

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
    I have also problems with vainfo

libva: libva version 0.31.1
    Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
    libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so
    xvba_video: XVBA_CreateContext(): status 11
    libva error: /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so init failed
    libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
    vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

Using 10.11 with 6850. I copied all drivers by hand. Firstly, 32 bit drivers installed. I remove them and copied 64x one by hand from ati driver package (from site), But it still don't working.
    I build valib from repo too but doesn't helps.
    Is there any debug message that I can understand whats going on? Or Is it due UVD3 at 6850? (Catalyst 10.11 doesn't support 6850's officially.)
    I'm not sure if xvba-video already supports UVD3 features or not (could you answer it gbeauche?), but that might be your problem with VAAPI/xvba-video in your HD6850...

Cheers

Comment

Now tested with internal 3300 graphics using same fglrx driver 10.11.
      Same result... So it's not related with UVD3 for me.
      Do you know any debug enable definition? like XVBA_DEBUG=1 or VAAPI_DEBUG=1...
      I think I saw similar thing before on some forum but cannot find&remember it now. THanks

Comment

Ok fixed by reinstalling ATI driver than aticonfig --initial for 3300.
        Than switched 6850. It looks working on it too.
        I think aticonfig --initial make more than configuring xorg.conf.
        Do you know what it makes extra?
        Thanks.

Comment

Running aticonfig --initial is a required step in the installation process. It *sometimes* works without it but the only recommended install procedure is :

- stop X
          - uninstall previous driver
          - install new driver
          - run aticonfig --install (sometimes with optional parameters, see bottom of aticonfig help)
          - start X
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
            Ok fixed by reinstalling ATI driver than aticonfig --initial for 3300.
            Than switched 6850. It looks working on it too.
            I think aticonfig --initial make more than configuring xorg.conf.
            Do you know what it makes extra?
            Thanks.
            Yeah that step is required, it adds the necessary lines to the xorg.conf file to load fglrx properly. If you don't do this step fglrx may not be enabled, or completely enabled and you end up not loading x or compiz not working and such.

Comment

I don't think same way. aticonfig --initial needed to make more than just xorg config. I cannot use it first because doesn't recognize and work with 6800 series (3300 disabled). After I initialize with 3300 (6800 disabled), than changed active card to 6800 from 3300 than it works. I look xorg.conf and see nothing exotic. Looks similar as my old setup.

Than removed the generated xorg.conf and using exactly same xorg configuration structure (by xorg.conf.d at OpenSUSE 11.3 with changed Driver from "radeon" to "fglrx" by hand via editing 50-device.conf file) and vaapi still working. So it's just not related with Xorg.conf. I am suspecting about that aticonfig --initial puts some files/configurations somewhere which is different than Xorg.conf...

And I found that vaapi is not stable with UVD3, I got random mplayer failures.

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode video
              - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
              Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
              disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
              - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
              It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
              gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
              DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
              won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

Also it locked the screen once. vaapi:gl generates blocked video that same as older posts.

libva: libva version 0.31.1
              Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
              libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
              libva: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so
              libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
              vainfo: VA API version: 0.31
              vainfo: Driver version: Splitted-Desktop Systems XvBA backend for VA-API - 0.7.7.pre1
              vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
              VAProfileMPEG2Simple : VAEntrypointIDCT
              VAProfileMPEG2Main : VAEntrypointIDCT
              VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointVLD
              VAProfileVC1Advanced : VAEntrypointVLD

Comment

Working...
              X