Hello To GNOME 2.32!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Lol, for starters the absolute basic concept of scale+crop a wallpaper? Get of my lawn! I'd take a bookwork full of shit Gnome and GTK+ apps can't possibly do!
    Holy awesomeness batman scale + crop a wallpaper, that's freaking best thing ever created on the earth batman! No really, cut the crap u freaking trolling clown. Talking about gtk+ apps... last time i checked for some qt alternatives there were like NONE.

You total moron! Even before Microsoft started to work for the first time on Vista (they redid that, how much times over?) there was this Oxygen project; you know; air? And so after a lot of complaining about the theme, it needed to be replace by... errrr... air? A breath of fresh AIR to the desktop? Get a clue...
    What fresh AIR? That theme looks amateur at best and u call it fresh air to desktop? Oh please...........

Where do you want me to start? I'll limit this to ten points on a particular section of your choice, because there are _TOO_ many things to put in here....
    For starters name at least ONE. You are just lame troll like pinguwhatever his name is. U always start that KDE awesomeness shit, but when it comes to some examples u just fail or mention some bs...

Comment

I think the problem here [in regards to the flame war] is that people are comparing KDE SC to stock Gnome.

Out of the box, KDE SC is much more complete than Gnome, but Gnome is way more modular in comparison.

With that said, my opinion could change entirely upon the arrival of Gnome 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
        Holy awesomeness batman scale + crop a wallpaper, that's freaking best thing ever created on the earth batman! No really, cut the crap u freaking trolling clown. Talking about gtk+ apps... last time i checked for some qt alternatives there were like NONE.
        Don't confuse GTK+ and GNOME.

GTK is just a toolkit. GTK apps run just fine in KDE. In fact, I run several regularly, and I don't have anything from GNOME installed.

The question is whether most of these GTK apps use any GNOME-specific technology (apart from the fact that they happen to use the same toolkit).

Comment

what you use PC for?

running aps, web browser, listen music?
          or
          looking menus, wallpaper, colors ?

gnome is enough for me, I have everything i need, KDE menu is very very unclear... to much of it all...

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            Don't confuse GTK+ and GNOME.
            No shit? I was talking about apps written using gtk+ toolkit. There are lot LESS programs written using qt and that's a fact.

GTK is just a toolkit. GTK apps run just fine in KDE. In fact, I run several regularly, and I don't have anything from GNOME installed.
            Oh wow, never imagined that gtk+ apps runs fine on kde or vice versa. /sarcasm.

The question is whether most of these GTK apps use any GNOME-specific technology (apart from the fact that they happen to use the same toolkit).
            Indeed. Last time i checked gentoo qting edge overlay there were lots of stuff that depends on kde too, not only qt.

Comment

I really could not care less about all the 'serious' arguments presented in this flame war.
              As for me I started KDE 2 and didn't like it. So I switched to Gnome.
              Later I switched to KDE 3 (company policy), used it quite a bit and hated it much. So when I had a chance I switched back to Gnome.
              Reading about new 'awesome' KDE 4 in threads like this I switched to it (4.1) hoping for unparalleled desktop experience and hated it. Tried it for a second time when was convinced by others it is more stable (4.4) and hated it the same.

I am open minded to try KDE again, but do find the Gnome desktop more appealing and uncluttered.

It's a matter of choice and like vs. dislike and I have nothing against KDE lovers.

BTW I've tried xfce and I liked it more than KDE too

Comment

gnome is simple, comfortable, easy to use, you know what is where, and it just works. i want to have only 1 DE, dont need 2

Comment

What i dislike about gnome is that a tool like mc does not work optimal with the gnome-terminal because f10 is used for showing the menu. as this can be done with alt too it is a bit useless. of course you can use gconf to disable that but i basically prefer kde. also kde apps can directly use fish or smb protocol. not sure if gnome apps can do that too without creating persistent links for em.

Comment

yes. f10 is right, need to change it in terminal window setting

Comment

Working...
                    X