Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaapi / xvba error

Hi,

I started this thread a while ago: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24885 and i got that fixed by simply using the a package from someone else.

Now i found out that the instruction on http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/libva/ is wrong on archlinux. If i do "autoreconf" i will get compile errors, but if i do "autoreconf -vif" it will compile just fine. @gbeauche, please fix this in your compile instructions since i might same someone hours to figure it out.

Anyway, i got it to compile now but have the next issue when typing "vainfo" :
    Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
    libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
    libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
    vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
    I admit, it's better then a segmentation fault, but still not really useable for playing video

ATI driver version : 10.9
    Graphics series : 4xxx (onboard)
    Kernel : 2.6.35.5
    Dist : ArchLinux
    XvBA version : 0.7.4

I hope someone could help me getting this fixed.

Regards,
    Mark

I have the same problem on Ubuntu with ati 3200HD.

Comment

Originally posted by markg85 View Post
      Now i found out that the instruction on http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/libva/ is wrong on archlinux.
      Archlinux people already have correct packages BTW.

If i do "autoreconf" i will get compile errors, but if i do "autoreconf -vif" it will compile just fine. @gbeauche, please fix this in your compile instructions since i might same someone hours to figure it out.
      OK

Anyway, i got it to compile now but have the next issue when typing "vainfo" :
      It looks like you have not installed xvba-video (and the symlinks) at all, or at the right location. Make sure you have something as /usr/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so, then run $ XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 vainfo

Comment

@markg85
        it's quite simple in Archlinux, just use the repos for the catalyst driver:

[catalyst]
        Server = http://catalyst.apocalypsus.net/repo/catalyst/x86_64/

In this repos you find: catalyst catalyst-utils xvba-video
        You need all three of them, otherwise you just need libva and mplayer-vaapi from extra and you are done. You will avoid a lot of compiling and other trouble.
        However, this way you will get all the stuff you need though no guaranty that XvBA will work. :-D

@gbeauche
        XvBA works on my RV635 only for VC-1 files, h264 files lead to a total system freeze (the fglrx kernel module crashes). I posted some error logs a couple of days ago in the other threat (post 911, 912, 914 in http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showpost.php?p=149412).

Is this a xvba-video bug and if is there a chance you will fix it? As offered already, I would test it and give feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
          Archlinux people already have correct packages BTW.

OK

It looks like you have not installed xvba-video (and the symlinks) at all, or at the right location. Make sure you have something as /usr/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so, then run $ XVBA_VIDEO_DEBUG=1 vainfo
          It was indeed not installed correctly..
          I removed all the parts i had and reinstalled it. My xvba libs are here:
          /usr/lib/dri/xvba_drv_video.so
          /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/xvba_drv_video.so
          However when trying vainfo again (with all of it reinstalled) i suddenly get:
          libva: libva version 0.31.1
          Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
          libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
          libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so
          libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
          vainfo: VA API version: 0.31
          vainfo: Driver version: Splitted-Desktop Systems XvBA backend for VA API - 0.7.4
          vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
          VAProfileMPEG2Simple : VAEntrypointIDCT
          VAProfileMPEG2Main : VAEntrypointIDCT
          VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointVLD
          VAProfileVC1Advanced : VAEntrypointVLD
          So now i still don't know exactly where it went wrong and where it got fixed.. --_--

A question about deinterlacing.. Can i simply use the mplayer -vf (yadif or another deinterlacer) filters to deinterlace?

And is there any possibility for you to use the ati hardware deinterlace stuff?

Thanks,
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Armin View Post
            XvBA works on my RV635 only for VC-1 files, h264 files lead to a total system freeze (the fglrx kernel module crashes). I posted some error logs a couple of days ago in the other threat (post 911, 912, 914 in http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showpost.php?p=149412).

Is this a xvba-video bug and if is there a chance you will fix it? As offered already, I would test it and give feedback.
            I am afraid those older chipsets are not quite well supported. Nobody is really testing this part of the driver. Someone reported the same system crash to me. I also tried, it froze the system. It sounds like a regression in the driver since it used to work some time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by markg85 View Post
              A question about deinterlacing.. Can i simply use the mplayer -vf (yadif or another deinterlacer) filters to deinterlace?
              No, you can't since (i) this is not implemented, and (ii) this would require a download of the decoded frames from the GPU, thus being slower. i.e. suboptimal.

And is there any possibility for you to use the ati hardware deinterlace stuff?
              If ATI exposes advanced deinterlacers, yes. But, this currently is not the case. Neither in the GL part, nor in the PCOM2 part. The OpenGL backend is unlikely to get advanced deinterlacing though. i.e. the "best" thing would be bob deinterlacing, which now should be fixed by current drivers. PCOM2 is on par with Windows features, but the code was not properly tested and the developer (me ) did not get the updated headers yet.

Comment

Working...
              X