For Those Interested In Direct3D Over Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoEffex View Post
    Microsoft patented the d3dx code..if it was re-implemented clean-roomedly then there's nothing they can do.
    That's wrong, and exactly why everyone hates software patents so much. It doesn't matter how you implement the functionality, you may have never even heard of the original implementation, a patent can still be enforced. It's copyright law that you are protected from by clean-room development.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
      Dell sells mobile phones?
      Android + Maemo + Palm Pre + other Nokia phones.

Comment

Originally posted by NoEffex View Post
        Microsoft patented the d3dx code..
        You can't patent code

Besides, microsoft won't sue Linux companies (and moreover users) because it would bring free publicity for the Linux companies and actually backfire, and they know it, or they would have already sued for errno.h (+1 if you get the jab).

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
          Dell sales 2009.

Comment

Android + Maemo + Palm Pre + other Nokia phones.
            What can I say, Dell's site doesn't offer anything of the kind on my country. Their loss, I guess.

@yotambien: that's totally random. And awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by yotambien View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                What can I say, Dell's site doesn't offer anything of the kind on my country. Their loss, I guess.
                In the USA, not your country?, 18% of all Dell sales in the year 2009 were netbooks. Of all netbooks sold by Dell in 2009, (1/3)rd were sold with Ubuntu. 18 / 3 = 6%, mutherfucker!

Comment

In the USA, not your country?, 18% of all Dell sales in the year 2009 were netbooks. Of all netbooks sold by Dell in 2009, (1/3)rd were sold with Ubuntu. 18 / 3 = 6%, mutherfucker!
                  I was referring to mobile phones / smartphones, not netbooks. Duh!

Comment

Dell sales 2009.
                    Dell is a big company but not the biggest (~1/5 to 1/4). One year sells statistics don't reflect the actual market share.

It would be good to know how many people that bought a PC with Linux, removed it and installed Windows.

The numbers you write are not correct.

The estimated average Linux market share for PC is about 1.3%.
                    The Linux share for smartphones it is about 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by KDesk View Post
                      It would be good to know how many people that bought a PC with Linux, removed it and installed Windows.
                      I doubt that many, legally anyway. Windows costs tons when bought separately.

Comment

Working...
                      X