Ati miracle :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
    The AMDCCCLE gives me 2D driver version 8.77.12 as well.. does that look right?
    I get a version of 8.78.30 here.

Comment

I got 8.78.30 too.

Comment

Thanks guess I must have missed a couple files
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
        Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Tried out the latest Ubuntu 10.10 with the accompanying fglrx drivers and found that it is not any better for my Radeon HD 3450 video card. In fact, in some respects it has gotten worse.

Perhaps someone can lead me to an appropriate xorg.conf that can correct the video tearing and jerking?

Comment

ATi miracle? The only miracle I see here is that no one has committed suicide yet.

ATi drivers are pure FAIL. Stop poking the dead horse already, its not going to get up.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post
              ATi miracle? The only miracle I see here is that no one has committed suicide yet.

ATi drivers are pure FAIL. Stop poking the dead horse already, its not going to get up.
              Agreed.

Comment

I can't see any problems anymore. HoN is working with Evergreen cards, 2D and 3D performance seems to be increased, no artifacts, Notebook with Mobility HD3200 is also working without any problems.

So whats the reason for flaming?

Comment

Originally posted by dopehouse View Post
                  I can't see any problems anymore. HoN is working with Evergreen cards, 2D and 3D performance seems to be increased, no artifacts, Notebook with Mobility HD3200 is also working without any problems.

So whats the reason for flaming?
                  Do you have a customized xorg.conf? To date I have not had a fix for these problems. [vidoe tearing, video and game jerking]

Comment

Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post

The open source driver is the only thing keeping AMD afloat on the linux desktop. It's always been clear ATI only cared about workstation graphics on linux. AMD's efforts to open source the driver have helped Desktop graphics ten fold.

I don't expect the FGLRX userbase to stick around when Gallium3d for r600-r800 is stable and mildly polished.

Comment

Originally posted by Jecos View Post
                      The open source driver is the only thing keeping AMD afloat on the linux desktop. It's always been clear ATI only cared about workstation graphics on linux. AMD's efforts to open source the driver have helped Desktop graphics ten fold.

I don't expect the FGLRX userbase to stick around when Gallium3d for r600-r800 is stable and mildly polished.
                      Hey that's good to know. Currently I am using the radeon driver.

Basically, as I have believed for a long time, the only solution to this problem is to buy another video card and make sure it is a NVIDIA.

Comment

Working...
                      X