Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Ati miracle :-)

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    there is an beta page.. but its an cloused beta...
    Yes. A closed beta for their closed source driver.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    944

    Default

    These are good news I suppose. When catalyst 10.10 comes out oficially it should be a notable improvement, although for me it doesn't make much diference since all the functionality I need is already present. I only use this PC as a workstation, so videos are rare and games are even rarer.

    PS: it's always nice to see those nvidia/ati battles between Kano and Qaridarium

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    You could also, you know, browse the Ubuntu repositories with a web browser, without a stupid an acount...

    Oh well...

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Nvidia has rabid fanboys because they make good drivers. That doesn't make the fanboys not annoying and unhelpful, but there is a reason for it.

    That said, it's good to hear that even fglrx is improving. I might even upgrade to Maverick before it's released if I keep hearing good things.

  5. #25

    Default

    got it to work on fedora 13

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    75

    Default

    It seems like the fps degrade that occurs in HoN with my 4870 on fglrx > 10.4 is still present...

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZedDB View Post
    It seems like the fps degrade that occurs in HoN with my 4870 on fglrx > 10.4 is still present...
    Just deactivate or change the settings for catalyst AI. That solved the decreased performance on my hd4650.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tball View Post
    Just deactivate or change the settings for catalyst AI. That solved the decreased performance on my hd4650.
    Are you on 64bit or 32bit? I've tried to disable and/or change the AI settings it doesn't matter. Still no dice.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZedDB View Post
    Are you on 64bit or 32bit? I've tried to disable and/or change the AI settings it doesn't matter. Still no dice.
    64-bit.
    What of you play around with different vsync settings?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tball View Post
    64-bit.
    What of you play around with different vsync settings?
    64-bit here also.
    Yes, I've tried nearly all the settings in CCC an nothing seem to help.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •