Ati miracle :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ati miracle :-)

In maverick repositories just landed fglrx driver with xserver 1.9 support and fixed vertical synchronization !!!!

Sounds intriguing... Anyone else tried it out yet?

Comment

I am running a similar driver on Ubuntu maverick for quite some time and it's running great. The 10.10 release fixes the last known 2D problems and other critical bugs.

Comment

Sounds too good to be true, lol. Guess that means the last remaining thing to fix now is Xv? (For applications that do not support GL video rendering.)

Comment

Well the definition "great" is most likely not a direct comparision between nv and ati on the same system

Comment

Originally posted by icek View Post
            In maverick repositories just landed fglrx driver with xserver 1.9 support and fixed vertical synchronization !!!!
            Sure, 3 hours after the new driver has landed in repository I do the upgrade and ..voila ! 33.500 FPS on glxgears (and 17.500 with catalyst 10.8) also Compiz work now perfect with gaussian blur activated.

Quake Wars - run perfect - no any black texture
            Google Earth - run perfect

For other Linux native game clients I will do the test this evening
            but until now Catalyst 10.9 seems to be a major upgrade both in speed and rendering quality.

From my point of view for Catalyst 10.9 in Maverick >>>> Nota Bene.

Btw - I use Radeon HD 5570

Comment

This is actually a Catalyst 10.10 beta, not 10.9.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                This is actually a Catalyst 10.10 beta, not 10.9.
                ..my apologies

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Well the definition "great" is most likely not a direct comparision between nv and ati on the same system
                  You know what? I think that everybody by now is REALLY sick of hearing you spout your nvidia fanaticism. It is REALLY REALLY TIRED now. Please knock it off.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                    You know what? I think that everybody by now is REALLY sick of hearing you spout your nvidia fanaticism. It is REALLY REALLY TIRED now.
                    I'm not

Comment

Working...
                    X