Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, HoN rocks

Comment

This is great news, as there is no real figures on how Linux people play games.
      I'm still sure that the unsuccess of Unreal Tournament 3 can be linked to the lack of linux client.

I played UT2K4. I didn't bought UT3 waiting for the linux client to come out. I'm still waiting but I'm playing HoN (and registered my account during the beta, not waiting the final release).

Huge thanks to S2 for having ported a game to Linux.

Comment

They really should offer an offline demo or something. This "get in line, you might get a trial key that will let you play for one week starting now" is not enough, I barely have time to play anything, the week would be over before I even got to starting the game the first time.

Comment

Erm, trial registration is still free (announced on their facebook page).

The German community site hon-fans.de is giving away trial keys too, so if you want one and the link above isn't working, just send me a PM with your e-mail.

Comment

Are you sure there is a time limit on the trial? I thought it was ten matches without cost or something like that?

Comment

And that trial will be usable for how long? No doubt it'll expire before I get to it, like the previous ones (yeah, I actually registered once during one of those, and yes, it expired before I got to play).

Damn the edit system.

Comment

According to S2 Games the keys given to fansites won't have a limited lifetime (at least the admin of hon-fans.de told me he got that info from them).

I am not sure about normal invites, but this is something for the long term, so I wouldn't be nervous about it.

The only limitations are a maximum of ten games and no stats only.

So you can stop whining and making wrong assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin View Post
                  So you can stop whining and making wrong assumptions.
                  And I'll add to that, start ponying up the cash to financially support one of the very few publishers who dares to publish on Linux. I don't even like HoN as a game, but I pre-ordered to support S2Games. Of course, I absolutely love Savage 2, so I also wanted to support S2Games on a more personal level in the hopes that they will either improve Savage 2 or create Savage 3 at some point in the future.

Comment

I pre-ordered the game due to the support of Linux, even though I am playing it on Windows in 99% of the cases.

Comment

No, I'm not going to buy something I'm not going to play. In fact I only want to try it _because_ it's on linux, no idea yet if it's good.

Comment

Working...
                      X