Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accessing OpenGL ES 2.0 using Catalyst 10.8 (or 10.9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing OpenGL ES 2.0 using Catalyst 10.8 (or 10.9)

I know that there's another thread stating that Catalyst 10.8 or newer has OpenGL ES 2.0 is supposed to be supported on linux, however, there's no appropriate library calls available.... Any ideas on how i'm supposed to access this feature on linux?

Also, as a note, i'm checking for the embedded function calls on the numerous librares... For example, i'm looking for eglGetError, eglGetProcAddress and any other function which starts with egl. However, all i'm seeing is firegl entries on the various libraries of the driver.

One would think that they'd have exposed symbols for the egl stuff as that's the bulk of the "magic" that OpenGL ES differs (well, that and being a constrained subset of either the 1.3 or 2.x specifications...). AMD handed out a Windows specific example (which could be made cross platform...) to actually access it on the Windows side : http://developer.amd.com/samples/assets/egl_sample.zip

But, if the symbols aren't showing, it's not overly useful. Depending on what you're looking for, though, there's the "emulators" for 1.1 and 2.0 over out of the Imagination Technologies download areas (You'll need to be registered with their developer relations to get access to the "emulator" wrappers though...)

Comment

Just checked out the Catalyst 10.10 drivers that are in the repository for ubuntu 10.10... There's no update on this... And the official change-log a while ago said that OpenGL ES /2.0 should have been made available 2 months ago.

also, as for functions i'm looking for... i'm looking for stubs of a few of the functions which are found in the windows dll...

For example:
      eglGetError
      eglGetDisplay
      eglInitialize

Comment

Working...
      X