• Show
Clear All

@blackshard,

Here is the hardware list:

1x MSI MS-7228 VER.1.0 Motherboard
    1x AMD Turion 64 - ML-32 - TMDML32BKX4LD
    1x AMD Athlon 64 - 3000+ - ADA3000AEP4AX
    1x Stick of 512MB DDR Memory

If you need a CD-ROM, HDD and maybe another MOBO (Soltek SL-K8AN2E-GR, needs new CAPS on power side of mobo, 6x [email protected]) let me know. It will add to the shipping cost though, but not by much.

So let me know if you want the stuff for this project.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention, the MSI Board will take the Turion CPU. So you can test it on that.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrawoger View Post
        @blackshard,

Here is the hardware list:

1x MSI MS-7228 VER.1.0 Motherboard
        1x AMD Turion 64 - ML-32 - TMDML32BKX4LD
        1x AMD Athlon 64 - 3000+ - ADA3000AEP4AX
        1x Stick of 512MB DDR Memory

If you need a CD-ROM, HDD and maybe another MOBO (Soltek SL-K8AN2E-GR, needs new CAPS on power side of mobo, 6x [email protected]) let me know. It will add to the shipping cost though, but not by much.

So let me know if you want the stuff for this project.
        Well I think the MSI mobo and the turion (or the athlon) would suffice. I already have tons of other components (ddr memory, HDDs and ODDs).

Can you, please, update me about the shipping costs?

Comment

Stupid edit timeout: I can easily fix the Soltek mobo if you need the MSI for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by blackshard View Post
            Stupid edit timeout: I can easily fix the Soltek mobo if you need the MSI for yourself.
            Will it take the Turion?

Comment

Yup, gotta hate the edit timeout. Anyways, nevermind the question. I will test it out myself (duh!).

I will get back to you.

Comment

Thanks for the program

I've registered in this forum to thank blackshard for this program. Now I finally can undervolt my Athlon 240e in Ubuntu x86.

I've compiled a Linux x86 version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2904420/Turi...9.1a_linux_x86 so you can add it to your tar.gz if you want.

Ah, and a couple of questions:

There's an easy way to set NB voltage? I looked in cfg file (in fedora bin folder) and i found:
                # psmax <integer> - sets maximum pstate
                #
                # nbvid <integer> - sets northbridge (memory controller)
                # voltage

But I do not know the integer value that I should use here.

I also found the psmax <integer> parameter. My processor has 5 p-states, but only 4 are active at the moment. If i set psmax to 4, can I activate the 5th p-state? Do I need to disable cpufreq for this?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english

Comment

I've registered in this forum to thank blackshard for this program. Finally I can undervolt my Athlon 240e in Ubuntu. I compiled it for Linux x86 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2904420/Turi...9.1a_linux_x86). If you want to add it in your tar.gz there's no problem

I've got two questions:

There's an "easy way" to change NB voltage? I've looked in example.cfg and I've found this:
                  # nbvid <integer> - sets northbridge (memory controller)
                  # voltage
                  What I want is modifying NB(V) like in K10stat. But I don't know if this parameter will work for this. Besides, the value must be an integer, so I suposse that put 0.9750 is not an option. If I do the operations described in chapter 4:

My TurionPowerControl -l is:
                  [quote]
                  Turion Power States Optimization and Control - by blackshard - v0.29.1 (alpha)
                  Detected CPU:
                  Family: 0xf Model: 0x6 Stepping: 0x2
                  Extended Family: 0x10 Extended Model: 0x6
                  Package Type: 0x1 BrandId: 0x1a87
                  Detected Physical Cores: 2
                  Detected processor: AMD Family 10h Processor
                  Processor has 2 cores
                  Processor has 5 p-states

Power States table:
                  -- Core 0
                  core 0 pstate 0 - En:1 VID:36 FID:12 DID:0 Freq:2800 VCore: 1.1000
                  core 0 pstate 1 - En:1 VID:49 FID:5 DID:0 Freq:2100 VCore: 0.9375
                  core 0 pstate 2 - En:1 VID:57 FID:0 DID:0 Freq:1600 VCore: 0.8375
                  core 0 pstate 3 - En:1 VID:68 FID:0 DID:1 Freq:800 VCore: 0.7000
                  core 0 pstate 4 - En:0 VID:44 FID:0 DID:1 Freq:800 VCore: 1.0000
                  -- Core 1
                  core 1 pstate 0 - En:1 VID:36 FID:12 DID:0 Freq:2800 VCore: 1.1000
                  core 1 pstate 1 - En:1 VID:49 FID:5 DID:0 Freq:2100 VCore: 0.9375
                  core 1 pstate 2 - En:1 VID:57 FID:0 DID:0 Freq:1600 VCore: 0.8375
                  core 1 pstate 3 - En:1 VID:68 FID:0 DID:1 Freq:800 VCore: 0.7000
                  core 1 pstate 4 - En:0 VID:44 FID:0 DID:1 Freq:800 VCore: 1.0000
                  Processor Maximum PState: 3
                  Processor Startup PState: 3
                  Processor Maximum Operating Frequency: 2800 MHz

Minimum allowed VID: 123 (0.013v) - Maximum allowed VID 18 (1.325v)
                  Processor AltVID: 44 (1.000v)
                  Core 0 C1E CMP halt bit is disabled
                  Core 1 C1E CMP halt bit is disabled

Voltage Regulator Slamming time register: 6
                  Voltage Regulator Step Up Ramp Time: 8
                  Voltage Regulator Step Down Ramp Time: 8
                  Processor is using Serial VID Interface (probably Dual Plane mode)
                  Processor PState Identifier: 0x6
                  PSI_L bit not enabled
                  [quote]

vcore = 1.55 - (vid * 0.0125)
                  vid = -(vcore-1.55)/0.0125
                  vid = -(0.9750-1.55)/0.0125
                  vid = 46

Is that correct? There's a way to change NB(V) independently for each p-state?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Korso, unfortunately northbridge voltage and frequency is not yet available for K10 processors.

I planned to add support last week, but unfortunately the motherboard of the testing machine (a 6-core 1055T processor with a MSI-880GMA E45 mobo) I was developing on suddenly gave up during a stress test. Now I'm waiting for replacement that should come today or maybe tomorrow.

Hopefully I will add northbridge full support during this week with the release of version 0.30, so stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by Korso View Post
                      I also found the psmax <integer> parameter. My processor has 5 p-states, but only 4 are active at the moment. If i set psmax to 4, can I activate the 5th p-state? Do I need to disable cpufreq for this?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english
                      Oh, I also forgot the second question

BTW, you can use the fifth pstate.
                      You first have to set psmax to 4, then program pstate 4 with consistent values, then you have to disable the cpufreqd linux scaler use the -scaler option of tpc.

Anyway I did the trick for those processors which have only 2 or 3 active pstates. Actually your Athlon II already has a sufficient number of pstates

Comment

Working...
                      X