Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Releasing beta code for selected customers (ZFS to Linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Releasing beta code for selected customers (ZFS to Linux)

KQ Infotech Pvt. Ltd. is a globally focused software development and consulting firm headquartered in Pune, India, with core expertise in the field of systems and storage. Being a pure technology company, KQ believes in applying innovation to evolving technologies, the resultant of which is some highly ground-breaking products like ZFS port to Linux. We are also due in coming up with our products in the field of virtualization.

KQ?s expertise in kernel programming and deep understanding of file systems has enabled it to take up the task of porting ZFS to Linux for the open source community. After dedicated effort, we have finally reached the beta stage of the port and are now making the much awaited and discussed code available for the selected beta customers. Please log on to the website zfs.kqinfotech.com to apply and register yourself through the beta form in order to get the code for testing. Once you fill the form, one of our representatives will be contacting you to assist you with the proceedings and arrange an interactive one on one demo with our ZFS expert.

As we are selecting a batch of 25 beta customers from different testing environments, please await your turn. To allow proper support bandwidth for beta customers, we have limited the batch to 25. We would be increasing the bandwidth as and by the beta matures. We are in the process of selecting our first batch of customers, so please register yourself through the form now.

Thank you all for your continued support and interest.

Originally posted by darshin View Post
    KQ Infotech Pvt. Ltd. is a globally focused software development and consulting firm headquartered in Pune, India, with core expertise in the field of systems and storage. Being a pure technology company, KQ believes in applying innovation to evolving technologies, the resultant of which is some highly ground-breaking products like ZFS port to Linux. We are also due in coming up with our products in the field of virtualization.

KQ?s expertise in kernel programming and deep understanding of file systems has enabled it to take up the task of porting ZFS to Linux for the open source community. After dedicated effort, we have finally reached the beta stage of the port and are now making the much awaited and discussed code available for the selected beta customers. Please log on to the website zfs.kqinfotech.com to apply and register yourself through the beta form in order to get the code for testing. Once you fill the form, one of our representatives will be contacting you to assist you with the proceedings and arrange an interactive one on one demo with our ZFS expert.

As we are selecting a batch of 25 beta customers from different testing environments, please await your turn. To allow proper support bandwidth for beta customers, we have limited the batch to 25. We would be increasing the bandwidth as and by the beta matures. We are in the process of selecting our first batch of customers, so please register yourself through the form now.

Thank you all for your continued support and interest.
    I looked at the form you have setup on your website. This is not open source model. You are basically looking for potential customers. And not potential contributors.

Not only that, you want personal information on non-secure site. I am sorry sir. This a fail for me.

Come back when you have source code for review and collaboration.

Comment

I suppose they are not thinking of extending CDDL-licensed ZFS code with closed source code and "sell" it as a Linux kernel module?

I guess that would be legal only when compiled on target machine before use and I don't understand how they can do it without releasing the code under CDDL-compatible license.

I would personally love to see how ZFS kernel module under Linux kernel is working, but I will not use it for any purpose if code is not open and licensed under free software license, as the code they are starting with is.

Comment

Working...
      X