Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cortex Command beta coming...request for testers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gongo View Post
    So I should wait for the Linux port to be released before buying, right? Will it be released from the Data Realms web site or via LGP?
    If it's going to be an LGP title, I will tell you up-front that it's one. This is a self-published indie thing. It'll be released from Data Realms' site mainly...

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
      Are you still looking?
      You've got another day or so, Robbie...

I'll let a few stragglers in after the first cut gets pushed, but not too many for this version of the game. There's some logistics reasons and some timing reasons. There's a few things I'm going through and verifying that I've not missed from the current in-development Windows version that you can download, but past that there shouldn't be anything that I see right at the moment from the Skirmish mode screens that shouldn't work at this point.

Comment

So I should wait for the Linux port to be released before buying, right? Will it be released from the Data Realms web site or via LGP?
        Oh, and while I'm pretty certain that it's happening- I would tell anyone that's thinking about any game that's being ported to Linux this: Unless you're subsidizing the studio's development for the title and you've got an iron-clad money back guarantee if they fail to deliver, you shouldn't buy before it's pretty much ready for Linux.

If you're not on the beta list, you'll have to wait a couple of weeks (I'm really hoping for more like one, if possible.)

Comment

So it is kind of parallax scrolling game with small soldiers where you control some of em and have to destroy the ememies. When it would be only 1 soldier it would be turrican like From the size of em it is definitely similar to worms (when you look at the lots of different weapons), just not turn based. It looks it could be ported to a browser game too or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            So it is kind of parallax scrolling game with small soldiers where you control some of em and have to destroy the ememies. When it would be only 1 soldier it would be turrican like From the size of em it is definitely similar to worms (when you look at the lots of different weapons), just not turn based. It looks it could be ported to a browser game too or not?
            Actually, it kind of plays more like Soldat with a planning phase. I tried it through Wine and it works well enough to get a feel for its greatness. The intro is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              Oh, and while I'm pretty certain that it's happening- I would tell anyone that's thinking about any game that's being ported to Linux this: Unless you're subsidizing the studio's development for the title and you've got an iron-clad money back guarantee if they fail to deliver, you shouldn't buy before it's pretty much ready for Linux.
              Yeah, that's what I was thinking, just wanted to know which website to watch for the release. Of course, I also wanted to avoid the whole Q3A Linux/Loki thing (buy the Windows license and unwittingly shaft the Linux porters).

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, just wanted to know which website to watch for the release. Of course, I also wanted to avoid the whole Q3A Linux/Loki thing (buy the Windows license and unwittingly shaft the Linux porters).
                Thank you VERY much for your support in that regard.

It's not so much that I'm wanting the $$$ (Well, I do...) but it's more for the numbers I'm trying to get so we can get bigger and better stuff!

Comment

I emailed this morning i think (GMT Time) about testing

Can't wait to post some decent shots in an article for gamingonlinux.

Will they be keeping you on for support like bug fixes and such? I guess they would have to?

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                    I emailed this morning i think (GMT Time) about testing

Can't wait to post some decent shots in an article for gamingonlinux.

Will they be keeping you on for support like bug fixes and such? I guess they would have to?
                    Yep. They don't have the in-house expertise and even if they get where they're comfortable doing the stuff themselves, there's going to be times where I'll be needed for things.

Comment

Just a heads up to others, I found the email welcoming me to the beta test had been marked as spam by Gmail.

Comment

Working...
                      X