Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cortex Command beta coming...request for testers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortex Command beta coming...request for testers...

I've just about got the Linux version on parity with the current Windows/MacOS versions of the game (Which while it's not "finished" (He's still got the campaign, resource building/management pieces to complete- but the combat parts are very much working in the 'skirmish' mode (Sufficient enough to have him win one of the '09 IGF awards with it...).

At this point, I'm requesting for people to beta test this game. Some of the people in the Caster beta group will be asked if they're interested, but I want to open it up to other people as well to give other people shots at trying out stuff.

For those interested, please send me an email at [email protected] with your systems' information, such as CPU, memory, sound chipset (if you know it), and distribution you're using. I'll select from a range of people's configurations so I can ensure a better range of testing.

I'm not expecting too much of a test with this first cut (But it needs to be HAMMERED on- and for good cause... ), so I'm going to largely only pull from the next week, week and a half's worth of requests to the email address given.

With that, I'll leave the thread and get back to my futzing around with game code...

Code:
      [email protected]
        SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
        host mail.earlconsult.com [71.252.210.131]: 550 Invalid recipient:
        beta_request

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
      Code:
        [email protected]
          SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
          host mail.earlconsult.com [71.252.210.131]: 550 Invalid recipient:
          beta_request
      Sigh... It's been one of those weeks (Don't ask...). Lemme see why my mail server's confused about that mailbox (it SHOULD be working...).

Comment

Okay, change of email addresses (Since there's something 'off' with the address the current version of my mail server doesn't like...):

[email protected]

This has been tested just now and it is working- go to it guys!

Comment

Are you still looking?

Comment

So I should wait for the Linux port to be released before buying, right? Will it be released from the Data Realms web site or via LGP?

Comment

Is that a worms clone or what kind of game is it?

Comment

Hi Svartalf, I'm just wondering if I should have got a reply to my email I sent about a week ago or if you're waiting before selecting people?

Kano, no it's pretty different to worms from what I've seen. There's a gameplay video here: http://vimeo.com/2892988

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by ad_267 View Post
                  Hi Svartalf, I'm just wondering if I should have got a reply to my email I sent about a week ago or if you're waiting before selecting people?
                  It's a wait more than anything else. I'm bundling up the first installer for the beta. I'd have rolled it out this morning but I had a last minute problem I'm sorting out with the installer build.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    Is that a worms clone or what kind of game is it?
                    I think the video does it some justice- and he's still not "done" with the game. It's just in a good enough state for him to sell the parts that're done (yes...) and win him an IGF win last year.

It's a cute little game that's actually got some "fun" factor to it. The upshot is that it's going to probably be a bit easier to get on to Android and Pandora than Caster is going to be (Not that Caster's going to be "hard" in any sense of the word.)

Comment

Working...
                    X