No announcement yet.

What Would You Like To See Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see a selectable theme on this forum. White text is not sub-pixel-rendering friendly.

Comment

This site has such excellent reviews and industry news I don't know what to ask for.

.03 second faster page loads?

.03 second faster page loads are always good.

Comment

I (and many other people, as you can see from the comments) would really like to be able to watch the videos (fosdem for example) without installing the proprietary flash player. Please simply link to the source file, use the video tag of html5, use a flash player that is supported by gnash or set up a torrent for the files if your traffic is too high. Or even link to a .flv file as you did in the past! We simply don't like to be forced to use something we don't want.
        Thanks for reading and your understanding.

Comment

Any chance of a full comparision of quadros vs geforce and Ati if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Sewje View Post
            Any chance of a full comparision of quadros vs geforce and Ati if possible.
            Don't I wish Unfortunately I don't see anything like that happening any time soon unless it is done by users of PTS and even then the HW won't be identical. Such a comparison would require some generous sponsors and lots of man hours

Comment

More hardware reviews ( I guess )

Hmmm

I like the way it is but I guess more hardware reviews would be cool. I like that this website reviews hardware for Linux. There are way to many sites reviewing every freaking distro out there.
              \
              maybe a small gaming section might be cool.

Comment

Well I don't mean review every single card, but the ones that have already been reviewed, I mean put in the equivant geforce card for a comparision if its a quadro review and vice versa.
                Or a standard chart of performance graphs for all the gfx cards reviewed, adding to it with every new review.

Comment

Monthly digest, perhaps?

I saw the Gallium update post and got to thinking...would it be possible to have a monthly "Phoronix Open Graphics Digest" or some such? A news article that basically gives the big picture: recent developments that affect drivers now; current issues, challenges, and needs in master branches; maybe mild projections for where things will be in the next month or three; a timeline that shows when things are expected to happen or a dependency graph that shows what various projects are waiting on for their advancement in various directions. Stuff like that.

These are momentous times in Linux graphics, and keeping track of it all has taught me a great deal about how the various graphics subsystems come together and interact. But I still don't feel like I have my finger to the pulse of where things are and are going; There's no real "big picture" view. What's more, I feel like such an article would help others get a better sense of the progress that is happening around the clock.

Cheers,
                  Wyatt

Comment

Those are great ideas.
                    I personally would like a game video review, but that idea would not have very long legs.
                    Maybe it would be possible to have web blogs available for forum users.

Comment

this.

Comment

Working...
                      X