What Would You Like To See Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Like To See Next?

While none of these additions will come immediately (since they will likely require extra staff along with additional equipment and capital), I would hope some of these changes are just about a year away from becoming a reality. Outside of all of the Linux hardware reviews and other content, I am looking for Phoronix's next big step -- what is currently on the table is Linux media: specifically, audio or video "podcasts". However, that is where you come into play. Below are just two of the possibilities being considered for this media. More will be added to this thread later. Any comments or other suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Linux How-To Videos
    - Would you be interested in videos of how to perform different operations within Linux? While anything could be covered here, some of the possibilities could include videos of how to install proprietary drivers on different distributions with how to optimize the driver, etc... Another possibility could be how to setup Apache, PHP, and MySQL. Videos would likely range from beginner to advanced in skill.

Linux Technology Podcasts - A weekly audio/video podcast covering Linux news, hardware, and much more.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Those are great ideas.

I personally would like a game video review, but that idea would not have very long legs.

Maybe it would be possible to have web blogs available for forum users. I don't know just an idea out of the blue.

Great stuff, Michael!

Comment

It's the 9th of may, and all the shit about JAVA on the front page is really unsettling.

Does SUN pay the site?

Comment

Originally posted by byteframe View Post
        It's the 9th of may, and all the shit about JAVA on the front page is really unsettling.

Does SUN pay the site?
        No.

Well, if it makes you feel better, by the end of the week it will be all gone.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Does SUN pay the site?
          I don't know if there is a need for comments like this. What's wrong with covering JavaOne? Java isn't connected to hardware like some other topics would be, but Java is now one of the biggest open source projects around, and last time I checked Phoronix covers lots of open source topics. Not only that, but Solaris is also an open source project that is being covered in part during the JavaOne convention. Give some reasons why JavaOne shouldn't be covered by Phoronix rather than just being a troll.

Comment

Suggestion

It would be nice if you could have a separate section for complaining and ati bashing!? ... I come here to eventually get help, ask questions och if i can, help others... ... Not to read anwsers like 'buy nvidia' or 'next time i will get intel' etc... I guess it could scare a lot of serious people from getting involved och even dare to ask questions!? (Knowing the given anwsers!?)...

Well it's just a thougt!....

Comment

even though your kind of a dork, thats a cool idea.

Comment

even though your kind of a dork, thats a cool idea.
                Hmmm.... If 'kind of a dork' prefers knowledge and information before whining and bashing.... well what the heck, then i am kind of a dork...

But i still belive this is a great forum for information and help.... And shure i guess it is nice to get rid of some frustrations!? but i don't believe it will help complaining in every thread here!? Just do something about it, like getting another grapichs card... And or make a forum thread for bashing and whining...

/greetings from the 'dork' ...

Comment

I'd like to see a review of video codecs and graphics drivers. I.e a test of GStreamer, Xine, VLC and MPlayer on different video cards and drivers. What's the performance? Other issues? Does TV-Out work? Xvideo? Etc.

Comment

How about adding a few more mainstream distro's to your comparison tests instead of only fedora and a bunch of flavors of ubuntu, such as openSUSE, Sabayon and PCLinuxOS since they are among the more popular distro's? BSD also seems to get ignored.

Comment

Working...
                    X