Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highlandsun View Post
    there are too many copy operations to forward a message thru the code
    And what the heck is wrong with memory copying? The memory is already order of magnitude faster than the rest of the system. Is d-bus the interface that you would stream movies through or what? Normally d-bus is used for messages like "you have new mail".

Comment

If you claim to be concerned with performance but you're not concerned with memory usage or copies, you're an idiot. Memory may be "orders of magnitude faster than the rest of the system" but it's still orders of magnitude slower than the CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by highlandsun View Post
        If you claim to be concerned with performance but you're not concerned with memory usage or copies, you're an idiot. Memory may be "orders of magnitude faster than the rest of the system" but it's still orders of magnitude slower than the CPU.
        I'm not sure if this was wrt my post but the point is I am not concerned. No sane person should give a damn if the "you've got mail" message ... which is how big? 100 bytes with a big reserve... is present one or five times in the memory, if it is backed by registers or cache or RAM, and absolutely not if advancing in this area means losing all memory/process protection that is in the OS.

Comment

Working...
        X