Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Wayland May First Appear In Use By A Distro

Phoronix: Where Wayland May First Appear In Use By A Distro
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What sort of touch devices does Intel do? With the limited app support I don't quite see it in a tablet, only in an appliance. Medical panel pc?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      What sort of touch devices does Intel do? With the limited app support I don't quite see it in a tablet, only in an appliance. Medical panel pc?
      Intel and Nokia are co-developing Meego. It is to replace Maemo for Nokia and Moblin for Intel. Every high-end Nokia device will be running this with the Ovi Store being mostly Qt applications. There will also be IP Telephones, Set Top Boxes, Internet TVs, Tablets and GPS devices using Meego.

It's going to be pretty big and have a lot of applications.

I think Wayland + Qt will be a developer's paradise. Lets hope they make some nice dev tools. This is to compete with iOS devices after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacha View Post
        Intel and Nokia are co-developing Meego. It is to replace Maemo for Nokia and Moblin for Intel. Every high-end Nokia device will be running this with the Ovi Store being mostly Qt applications. There will also be IP Telephones, Set Top Boxes, Internet TVs, Tablets and GPS devices using Meego.

It's going to be pretty big and have a lot of applications.

I think Wayland + Qt will be a developer's paradise. Lets hope they make some nice dev tools. This is to compete with iOS devices after all.
        And Android devices. MeeGo doesn't stand a chance in its 1.0 form, which is why it wasn't demoed in the recent NokiaWorld conference.

Comment

What's the state of the Qt Wayland backend? Does it work already? Seems that Kristian H?gsberg and Jesse Barnes are both working on it.

Comment

Working...
          X