HDCP DRM "master key" found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    Or if you have a lot of very very fast non-persistent memory and a way to compress on the fly, you could possibly do with normal hard disk.
    THAT would take a while... and probably be more inline with Q's pricing estimates.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
      Think of a criminal organization doing that, then selling full-quality Blu-ray movies that don't have DRM. That's how things used to be with games back a decade or two ago. As I said, this is mostly useful for people wanting to use non-HDCP-conformant displays with HDCP sources or for criminal activities.
      You could NEVER achieve the full quality with realtime single pass encoding. Must NOT forget also that h264 is lossy.

Comment

A virtual machine with windows + anydvd HD is the easiest way...
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          A virtual machine with windows + anydvd HD is the easiest way...
          For native linux there is also makemkv - not transparent to the system but a lot more transparent than a virtual machine

Comment

I think that the most favorable option at the moment is dumphd. It should work OK except on disks that are too new. Note that the libaacs/libbdplus/libbluray projects are now hosted by videolan. libaacs and libbluray are on git, libbdplus isn't yet public.

Note that the projects are being actively developed... see http://git.videolan.org/?p=libbluray.git

Comment

Is there any way to decrypt mkbv11 to 14? Otherwise we are still stuck with april 2009 films...
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                Is there any way to decrypt mkbv11 to 14? Otherwise we are still stuck with april 2009 films...
                .. beats me. I don't even own a DB player.

Comment

I found an intersting article about HDCP encoding in realtime: HDCP stream decoding in real time

researchers from Stony Brook University[...]estimated that a "high-end CPU with a 64-bit CPU" should be able to decrypt 30 frame per second 1080p content using two cores and around 1.6GB of RAM.
                  So looks like Intel leaked these HDCP key to sell more high-end CPU's

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
                    I found an intersting article about HDCP encoding in realtime: HDCP stream decoding in real time

So looks like Intel leaked these HDCP key to sell more high-end CPU's
                    How about running it on a GPU though? GPU's tend to be easier with encrypt/decrypt type functions.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                      Bloody edit limit...
                      Math glitch... those numbers are a little large... not GB/TB, but Gb/Tb (bits, not bytes). But still... 1 movie = 1 TB.
                      Now we need bigger HD's just to hold our uncompressed HD movie collections

We do need a BD player for Linux

Comment

Working...
                      X