More Details On The OpenGL Situation In KDE's KWin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Oh gee, kraftman appears and the thread is derailed to a desktop environment trollfest. Why am I not surprised?
    Ignoring gnome boys as always. And this is KDE thread, so what Blackstar is doing here? Oh, trolling.

Comment

Lol... these threads crack me hard sometimes I LUF THEM!

Comment

Yay, BlackStar is here, so the flaming can go on even after Templar gets banned

Comment

I don't think I were trolling. Actually I was just wrote my experience with both the DE's. I would love to use kde, but right now it just seems too slow for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
            I don't think I were trolling. Actually I was just wrote my experience with both the DE's. I would love to use kde, but right now it just seems too slow for me.
            If you're according to my comment I wasn't talking about you of course. You could try Compiz instead of Kwin and then KDE should work as good as Gnome for you.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
              If you're according to my comment I wasn't talking about you of course. You could try Compiz instead of Kwin and then KDE should work as good as Gnome for you.
              Good idea.
              I will try that and report back with my experience.
              Also I will test kubuntu maverick on my girlfriends laptop, which has an intel gfx card.

Comment

Okay with intel kde with compositing was definetely faster than on the radeon driver. But you still had to open the start menu a couple of times, before it became fluid. Also maximizing / minimizing windows still doesn't seem that fluid. But all in all a better experience, than with the radeon driver.

Comment

My ISP is being ghey, so I'm on my mobile phone, but since Blackstart is in the house I know I won't be bored for the next hours or so

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                    Okay with intel kde with compositing was definetely faster than on the radeon driver. But you still had to open the start menu a couple of times, before it became fluid. Also maximizing / minimizing windows still doesn't seem that fluid. But all in all a better experience, than with the radeon driver.
                    On my box compiz is much faster then kwin using radeon driver. However, K menu and overall DE is very responsive in both. Maybe kwin triggers some fragile graphic stack parts on your configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                      On my box compiz is much faster then kwin using radeon driver. However, K menu and overall DE is very responsive in both. Maybe kwin triggers some fragile graphic stack parts on your configuration.
                      Could be the dbus bug?

Comment

Working...
                      X