Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having problems with fglrx >10.5 and RV670 (HD3870)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having problems with fglrx >10.5 and RV670 (HD3870)

Hello folks

I have an HD3870 (RV670 chip) and it all worked nice and fine in Gentoo (amd64) as well as in WXP (32, NT5.1). Well. Now every fglrx that is > 10.5 brings me a lot of display corruption, mainly scrolling artifacts, black pages/bars in browsers until you refresh the tab my switching them and so on. It's ubearable.
    So does anybody know what happened to fglrx 10.6/7/8 in relation to HD3870 (don't have other cards to test, but an onboard HD3300 but it was also problematic)?
    10.5 works.

(xorg-server was iirc 10.6 also for a longer time now 1.7 series, Kernel 2.6.33-r2 and with no difference also for 2.6.35-r5 (no KMS built in when fglrx is used).
    The free drivers work, just that they lack some 3D stuff and power management, thats why I am using fglrx currently.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Does forcing XAA make the display corruption go away ?
    Test signature

Comment

Yep,
      aticonfig --set-pcs-str=DDX,ForceXAA,TRUE
      helped.

Humm, so we still have to rely on XAA, I thought my openchrome for VIA was the last thing that had to do that. Anyway, it works again and I can use my GUI as intended.

Damn, there was something about that edit rule. Can't change the title to "solved".
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Maybe you should not think so much.

Comment

Working...
        X