Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hell Just Freeze Over? Here's Evergreen On Gallium3D!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marek View Post
    Nothing I know of.

I think Dave has done some work to optimize redundant state setting at the beginning of CS and the performance difference was negligible, so I think this has been debunked.

Yeah I modified the stack to accept multiple CS packets per frame, with no re-emit or flushing between them, so at least every frame would cause a re-emit instead of multiple re-emits per frame. At least on openarena which was causing 1.5 CS packets per frame I didn't see any useful speedup at all.

page-flip is probably a good speedup for fullscreen games alright that isn't done yet.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
      Sorry, how exactly is edit window supposed to affect whether trolls get in or not? o.O
      KDE Vs. Gnome flamewar + Blackstar + editing previous posts for profit = ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        KDE Vs. Gnome flamewar + Blackstar + editing previous posts for profit = ... ?
        Which reminds me, we haven't had any good flamewars for some time. Don't worry though, the edit window won't affect those. It only annoys honest users, such as bridgman.

Also bridgman got this right.

@marek, airlied: is early-z/hierarchical-z working? This can give a nice speedup, in the order of a few percent in most cases (although I've seen up to 50% on specific tests with high overdraw, heavy shaders and weak hardware).

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
          At least on openarena which was causing 1.5 CS packets per frame I didn't see any useful speedup at all.
          I somehow expected a considerably larger number of CS packets per frame (I was thinking more like 10-50) and presumably the speedup would be more significant in those cases. Do you think openarena is typical in terms of CS packets per frame ?
          Test signature

Comment

airlied, is there much chance this driver will make it into Fedora 14? Or at least F14-rawhide for people to test?

I would very much like to try it, but I'm not game enough at the moment to compile drivers to run on my laptop.

You might not remember, but I thanked you at LCA2010 for your work on the ATI drivers, and that still holds very true

Comment

Working...
            X