No announcement yet.

Steel Storm Episode I is out !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it would look sloppy. Besides, if you add the additional resolutions, you can then have users post feedback and do the testing for you.

Comment

Could you, please, try running it with cmd parameters and see if menu and HUD are fine? (I would appreciate some screenshots, F12)
      If they are, we will include those resolutions.

Comment

At the moment I'm confined to my laptop's 1280x768 native res.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
          Now that I have had a chance to play it a bit more, I can say it's a fun game. Too bad Mesa is slow as hell still, but it works at least. The game is a bit too easy; I hope that's just for the demo, otherwise crank it up to buttraping insanely hard level.
          I guess performance depends a lot on what GPU you have but I have noticed two performance related things:

- Setting texture quality to anything higher than 1 results in drastically lower performance.

- After starting a new game, applying the settings again works around performance problems.

With this i get 70-75 fps in 1680x1050, all other settings on, so calling Mesa slow is probably a bit unfair.

Comment

That bug, where you have to apply settings twice, is a direct fault of the driver and not the engine

Comment

Steel Storm Episode I v1.0 has been released

Comment

How can we get to the front page of Phoronix?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                  How can we get to the front page of Phoronix?
                  Did you miss my suggestion on adding a benchmark?

Comment

I see you increased the difficulty a bit . Haven't had a chance to play it all though.

Comment

Working...
                    X