No announcement yet.

Steel Storm Episode I is out !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without a backtrace it's hard to say if it's a driver or game bug. That said, the integrated stuff does seem more prone to problems.

Comment

We have released new revision of the game and patches for the previous one.

Guys who owns ATI, http://www.google.de/search?sourceid...re+information

It's a common error, thank AMD for bad drivers. I am sorry, but there is nothing we can to about it. Roll back to older or newer version if you have to. I know people play the game on Linux with ATI video.

Comment

Well, this is open driver, so AMD is off the hook (for this problem at least)

Comment

ahh, ok then
          Actually, driver developer could download Steel Storm and use it as a test for their drivers release

Comment

motorsep, would you have a link to the post from the guy running the latest code (if that was what you were trying to do) ? The string in the search term ("The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information") is a generic "something went wrong across the user/kernel API" message - the details are in dmesg and it's those dmesg details which are used to fix the current problem.

Thanks,
            JB
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
              ahh, ok then
              Actually, driver developer could download Steel Storm and use it as a test for their drivers release
              Downloading fun games is usually a bad idea... if the devs start to enjoy the game it really cuts into driver development time
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                motorsep, would you have a link to the post from the guy running the latest code (if that was what you were trying to do) ? The string in the search term ("The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information") is a generic "something went wrong across the user/kernel API" message - the details are in dmesg and it's those dmesg details which are used to fix the current problem.

Thanks,
                JB
                I'm one of those who gets rejected CS (if shadows are turned on in the game). I will file a bug, but thought I should give this a try first: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/003830.html

dmesg:

Code:
                [252119.063881] [drm:r100_cs_track_check] *ERROR* [drm] Buffer too small for color buffer 0 (need 10616832 have 7299072) !
                [252119.063884] [drm:r100_cs_track_check] *ERROR* [drm] color buffer 0 (1728 4 0 1536)
                [252119.063886] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !

Comment

No need for any bug reports, the patch solves the problem!

Comment

What patch?

We have 5 game servers running now, 2 in US and 3 in EU. DM and COOP.
                    Also updated downloads with patches.

Comment

It's a patch for the kernel driver :

This commit fixes bogus CS rejection if it contains a sequence
                      of the following operations:

- Set the color buffer 0. track->cb[i].robj becomes non-NULL.
                      - Render.
                      - Set a larger zbuffer than the previously-set color buffer.
                      - Set a larger scissor area as well.
                      - Set the color channel mask to 0 to do depth-only rendering.
                      - Render. --> rejected, because track->cb[i].robj remained non-NULL,
                      therefore the conditional checking for the color channel mask and
                      friends is not performed, and the larger scissor area causes
                      the rejection.

This fixes bugs:
                      - https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=29762
                      - https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28869
                      And maybe some others which seem to look the same.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X