No announcement yet.

Steel Storm Episode I is out !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloom makes shots really hard to see on some backgrounds, otherwise neat game!

Comment

Made a post on FreeGamer about it:
      Wait... isn't this Free Gamer? Why do you have a commercial game on your blog about free games? Well... because it is free, just not as in ...

I really think it's a cool idea to make a open-source indi game!

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
        I assume it's an ATI chip. I am the only one from my team who is on Linux and I have nVidia card.
        Although it does sound like a driver bug.
        Oh, right it's an ATI chip alright, though I'm getting the same error on Intel as well. I guess it's just a dri2 regression, but we'll see what the devs think. I filed a bug now:

Steel Storm seems to work fine on open drivers otherwise!

Comment

Just gave it a spin, top work, a fun game.
          Seems to run fine on fglrx 10-8 4870.
          Only thing, as Julius said, with bloom on some shots are hard to see.

Comment

There's a patch here which solves the bug:

motorsep, is it possible to record demos and benchmark them? If so, I expect Michael would be interested to add it as a test in PTS. Could be a good way to get some free promotion...

Comment

I did notice one other pecularity, not sure if it's a driver problem or not: when starting a new game, performance is initially quite low 20-25 fps, but simply going into the settings and hitting apply (without changing anything) fixes everything, fps is back to 70-75.

Comment

Yeah, I'm getting a seg. fault with r300g.

Code:
                radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
                Segmentation fault

Comment

2 whizse: unfortunately it is a driver bug, still. Sorry, ATI is just not as stable as nVidia on Linux

2 Melcar: Possibly driver bug. Reported to the engine team.

How ofter do you guys, with ATI, get segfault? Can I have a pastebin of the terminal window? (run it through terminal please)

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                    Yeah, I'm getting a seg. fault with r300g.

Code:
                    radeon: The kernel rejected CS, see dmesg for more information.
                    Segmentation fault
                    The rejected CS happens for me too, but only if shadows are turned on. This could be fixed by some patches marek posted on dri-devel. I'll try them out and report back.

The segfault I haven't seen, besides the driver problems already mentioned, I have had no problems with the game.

Comment

I can get to the menu and navigate/interact in it. As soon as I load up a game it crashes; it loads everything but dies as soon as it drops me to the map.

$ ./steelstorm Console initialized. Trying to load library... "libz.so.1" - loaded. ./s - 338690

Comment

Working...
                      X