Netbeans in fscking retarted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netbeans in fscking retarted!

I'm pulling my own hair out right now out of extreme frustration.

Here's the deal:
    I'm running Fedora 13
    gcc and g++ installed and all
    Netbeans with C/C++ plugin

I wrote a simple little hello world app. Sometimes it compiles without error, while sometimes it errors out, without me even changing the code.

I thought I might've done something wrong so I googled a C++ hello world app, which is _exactly_ the same as mine. I'm a little dyslexic, but I swear that there is no difference whatsoever.

But who knows, I copy pasted it and it worked. After that it didn't compile anymore. Now I get a multiple breakpoints warning out of fscking nowehere.

After hitting the compile button 7 times or so the build is succelful

So I press the run button and I get:
    Code:
    /home/vincent/.netbeans/6.8/bin/nativeexecution/dorun.sh: line 33:  1187 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) sh "${SHFILE}"
    I don't even have a coddamned .sh file and I don't even have a goddamned line 33!

What the fsck is this? Windows 95?!

*RAGE!*

If somebody could please help me with this pathetic excuse of an IDE that would be greatly appreciated

(first Google hit for 'netbeans "illegal instruction", by the way)

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
      http://forums.netbeans.org/topic21047.html

(first Google hit for 'netbeans "illegal instruction", by the way)
      OK, first of all thanks. I googled the warnings that showed up before hitting the build button instead, but it seems to be working. Thanks.

To think that I set Netbeans to build and run for "release" instead of "debug" and the fact that this error still happens and through total random probability is still totaly retarted. I was already in the midsts of learning how to create a makefile and simply compiling it from the commandline.

There's still hope :')

Comment

Well, you might want to try something else. I personally use KDevelop and Qt Creator, both of which support CMake and both are not really tied to writing KDE and Qt applications but rather anything you want.

Of the two, Qt Creator is the most easy and pleasant to use, but still very powerful.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, RealNC! It sure is a breath of fresh air.

Although these IDE UI's and settings are far from intuitive! (probably not created with endusers in mind (if know what I mean) )

Comment

Strangely, a normal editor is often much easier than a so-called IDE. (for non-gui apps of course)

Pick any that has syntax highlighting for your language, be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              Strangely, a normal editor is often much easier than a so-called IDE. (for non-gui apps of course)

Pick any that has syntax highlighting for your language, be happy.
              Yes indeed. I previously always used a simple text editor with syntax highlighting. I never had any trouble compiling with gcc and g++.

But when I saw Netbeans with svn integration, memory usage analysis with memmory leak detection, CPU usuage with 'hot spots' detection and thread analysis with sync problem detection I thought "Hey well that's gonna pay off". Couple that with project management (having a lot of files in multiple directories can start to get a mess) and I was sold.

The IDEs seem to be pretty productive, powerful and efficient. However that comes at a 'price' of having to learn everything by manual as nothing is realy obvious when you just start it up for the first time.

Under Windows I ran into Visual Studio a long time ago and I couldn't understand anything of what I saw, but it makes a lot more sence now

Comment

Well, in my own experience IDEs have just come in my way, while also forcing to do things one certain way.

I also doubt how can they increase productivity if they take 5+ min just to start (netbeans at one particularly wtf moment).

Comment

IDEs increase productivity for me because of stuff like project management, command completion and visual debugging support.

Comment

I realy like the fact that you can simply smash the build button and then the run instead of going to the terminal. Dolphin makes this a little easyer (read: faster) for me as I have a terminal 'bar' under it (a godsend when you'r messing with Wine).

Other than that, it depends on your workflow, so to speak. I like the 'everything in one window'-approach of the IDE, but I can also see why others prefer 'bare handed'-working

Comment

Working...
                    X