You can't beat the current hegemony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Actualy, while Blender isn't maybe the best of the best modeling tool, it is the only tool that allows you to make entire movies
    Wut? How do you figure that?

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Wut? How do you figure that?
      You're gonna tell me 3DMax has a build in game engine and build in direction tools?

Comment

You're gonna tell me 3DMax has a build in game engine and build in direction tools?
        I wasn't questioning the gaming part, it is "it is the only tool that allows you to make entire movies" that I am questioning.

Comment

And I might add that blenders game engine is very crude compared to the alternative, separate solutions. Being an "all-in-one" all to often means sacrifices are made.

Comment

Oh, I meant all-in-one tool. Yes you can't render a Pixar movie in Blender. Blender isn't the 'best of the best', but very suited for indie movie makers.

Comment

Oh, I meant all-in-one tool. Yes you can't render a Pixar movie in Blender. Blender isn't the 'best of the best', but very suited for indie movie makers.
              OK, just thought I would get clarification on that as I have seen many movies (video wise, even in blender you have to use external tools to mix your sound track realistically) done with Maya and 3dsMax (possibly some Lightwave as well).

Comment

What was that all-in-one tool they use to make anime movies among other things? Synfig, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  OK, just thought I would get clarification on that as I have seen many movies (video wise, even in blender you have to use external tools to mix your sound track realistically) done with Maya and 3dsMax (possibly some Lightwave as well).
                  The big-budget 'Lightwave movies' I'm aware of used Lightwave for modeling and Maya (with various plugins) for rendering. I haven't kept up with developments in the last couple of years though.

Comment

Working...
                  X