Happy 3rd Birthday To AMD's Open-Source Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
    Well, more sort of working It isn't up to par with r600/r700 yet. Many 3D apps won't run and those who do mostly have rendering artifacts. Left picture with R600, right one with Evergreen.
    Hmm. Monraaf, can you remind me which GPU you are using ? I wouldn't mind seeing if we can reproduce that on one of Richard's machines.
    Test signature

Comment

If there hadn't been the left picture for comparison I would have thought it might even be ok that way.
      Until I saw screenshots from SuperTuxKart I also though that this "texturing" they use would be normal. But in that case it's the same problem in Windows.

I run fglrx at the time when my 3870 is in since fglrx has matured power management. Without that an the onboard 3300 I don't notice that much difference.

The free drivers seem to be partially even better in 2D, esp. since fglrx 10.7 made a mess in 2D scrolling so I had to revert to 10.5.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Hmm. Monraaf, can you remind me which GPU you are using ? I wouldn't mind seeing if we can reproduce that on one of Richard's machines.
        Yes of course, my GPU is HD 5750.

Comment

OK, thanks. The images are blocked at work but I remember what it's supposed to look like
          Test signature

Comment

Working...
          X