No announcement yet.

A Linux Demo For Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like proper GLSL 1.20 support is all that's missing, and it can't be that far off. The Penumbra games worked perfectly, after all.

Yeah, Penumbra: Requiem bored me to death after a while. The first two, however, reminded me of adventure games of old. Despite a 3d interface similar to modern shooters, it reminded me a lot of the original Alone in the Dark game. Since both are heavily inspired by Lovecraft, it's not a surprise.

Actually, I like horror games so much that I enjoyed the adventure/horror heavy Doom3, when many people hated it.

It sounds like Amnesia doesn't mess much with the gameplay, which is great, because it's just right the way it is. Penumbra: Overture was good, but with a few niggling problams, which got corrected in Black Plague.

Comment

If you're referring to my bug report, the GLSL errors are gone, I _think_ the remaining problems are FBO related, but I'm not sure? Anyway, it sounds like there's some interest in the game, so hopefully it can be fixed soon

Wasn't Requiem more of a puzzle-only expansion rather than a full game? I think it was released only as a favour to the fans?

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
        I actually filed that bug (just so there's no confusion) . Quite interesting to note that the same problem can appear on a totally different implementation though.
        Apparently Frictional Games have made patch to fix problems with X1xxx based Radeon cards. I hope they will release Linux version soon enough.

RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

At least.
          It is released.

Comment

So, anyone managed to solve "upside-down" view problem using r300g? 1.01 patch does not help at all! It's game engine or Gallium3D issues?

Comment

Is this the game that gives you a guarantee that you won't bathe for at least a month after playing it?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                Is this the game that gives you a guarantee that you won't bathe for at least a month after playing it?
                Nope, i guess not!

Comment

Originally posted by 69acid69 View Post
                  So, anyone managed to solve "upside-down" view problem using r300g? 1.01 patch does not help at all! It's game engine or Gallium3D issues?
                  I can say that Marek put Amnesia world back on its feet.

Comment

Originally posted by sobkas View Post
                    I can say that Marek put Amnesia world back on its feet.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=29420
                    Well what can I say - nice1 and thanks!

Comment

Great news!

Has anyone tried it with r600g? I don't have enough time to download the demo and try, but once it works, I'll buy the thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X