No announcement yet.

OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anandtech is one of the main authorities on the net for all things SSD.
    If not the authority....
    Just look at their historical record of reviews/articles.

They made it quite clear some months ago, that the new value performance king are SF-1200 based drives like the vertex2.
    They've made no mention of any reliability concerns.

There's some new Intel drives due out early in the new year which'll prolly take the crown again.
    I'm quite happy with my 2R0 X25-V's for now

Comment

oh... anand also have a comprehensive benchmark dbase which i highly recommend

Comment

LOL, damn editing time-outs...

This view is also substantiated by highly experienced SSD users @xtremesystems forum.

Comment

in-terms of reliability in linux im not sure, Vertex2 may be a bit more flakey than intel series drives, haven investigated exhaustively.
          As i vaguely recall, crucial real-ssd is "up there"; in-terms perf/value ratio...

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
            Or just don't use suspend to ram... should boot in about 5 seconds if you tweak it just a little.
            I'd recommend disabling both suspend to disk and suspend to ram completely if you are using an SSD in a laptop

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
              I'd recommend disabling both suspend to disk and suspend to ram completely if you are using an SSD in a laptop
              Suspend-to-anything is nothing but a plague of probably-won't-come-back. I recommend disabling all that nonsense regardless of disk.

Comment

Working...
              X