Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help setting up Twinview in Ubuntu 10.04

Good day.

I've been trying to set up Twinview for the past day with no luck. I was wondering if anyone can help.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64 with the 256.52 nvidia drivers. I am using a 9600GT.

The monitors:

My main monitor is an ASUS VW224U 22" widescreen with a resolution of 1680x1050. This is a DVI connection.

I'm trying to twinview with a Samsung 712N with a resolution of 1280x1024. I am using a DVI to VGA converter for this one.

Now there are two things that happen. When I set it up through nvidia-settings, it will not let me select 1280x1024 as the resolution. If I select one of the stock wide screen resolutions, I get a floating message on the Samsung saying that it is not the optimum resolution.

When I edit /xorg.conf and try to hammer in the proper resolution of 1280x1024 for CRT-1, it just turns the Samsung off. Very bizarre and very frustrating.

Does anyone have any advice?

Originally posted by TFB82 View Post
    Good day.

I've been trying to set up Twinview for the past day with no luck. I was wondering if anyone can help.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64 with the 256.52 nvidia drivers. I am using a 9600GT.

The monitors:

My main monitor is an ASUS VW224U 22" widescreen with a resolution of 1680x1050. This is a DVI connection.

I'm trying to twinview with a Samsung 712N with a resolution of 1280x1024. I am using a DVI to VGA converter for this one.

Now there are two things that happen. When I set it up through nvidia-settings, it will not let me select 1280x1024 as the resolution. If I select one of the stock wide screen resolutions, I get a floating message on the Samsung saying that it is not the optimum resolution.

When I edit /xorg.conf and try to hammer in the proper resolution of 1280x1024 for CRT-1, it just turns the Samsung off. Very bizarre and very frustrating.

Does anyone have any advice?
    try setting in the screen section of xorg.conf:" Option "Metamodes" "1680, 1024"" and see if that helps.

Comment

Thank you so much for your suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not work. I think I just need to get another monitor since this one won't accept other resolutions.

Comment

Working...
      X