No announcement yet.

Unigine Announces Its OilRush Game For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea, i almost think that you need to clean Oil and collect points. Haha

Comment

It's for PS3 too, don't think that will be free, then it will be just a demo engine.

Comment

great great new !

@Kano ?, with catalyst 10.8, tesslation works for me (ATI 5870)

Comment

On the Open Drivers note, no. ATI's Open Driver doesn't have the complete OpenGL 3.2 / 4.0 specification, Nouveau doesn't provide OpenGL support -period- for many cards, and if you're running Intel you're not expecting much in the first place.
          It depends on whether there are reasonable fallbacks for cards which don't support OpenGL 4.

OpenGL 2.1 is enough to run id's next generation engine, and this is where the most important stuff is. If the game offers the option to turn off some of the effects, it might run on open drivers. I think that all current games can run in an OpenGL 2.1 mode.

The bigger problem with open drivers will be performance, of course.

Comment

If it did work with 2.1, they would probably release it for the Mac as well (AFAIK Apple is still stuck with 2.1) but there's nothing in the press release about that.

Comment

I will definitely buy this game because it looks awesome. But also to get the linux sales number up.

Comment

Looks interesting. It would be cool if they added in random weather that would affect the game (e.g. storms, tidal waves, etc...).

As far as open drivers go, I would expect that even if you could get the game to run it would be like watching a slideshow. The Unigine engine is fairly bleeding edge and rather demanding so unless they include enough options to where you could crank the graphics and effects WAY down, I just don't think the open drivers could handle the game with anything approaching acceptable framerate.

Either way I'll keep this one on my radar.

Comment

OK, that *does* look pretty neat. Not exactly what I had in mind when I read "oil rush game"

What was the last weapon in the trailer - a space-based laser or something ?
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    OK, that *does* look pretty neat. Not exactly what I had in mind when I read "oil rush game"

What was the last weapon in the trailer - a space-based laser or something ?
                    Same here... "oil rush game" sounds a bit eh boring.

I though the big explosing was a Comet or crashing plane because of the smoke in its tail. But space-lasers works for me as well

Very cool graphics, the game play looks a bit arcade-isch... nice!

Comment

It looked more like an atom or smth

Anyway Unigine Corp. you have my money

Comment

Working...
                      X