Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    ...much like 3DRealms did with DNF.
    That would be Did Not Finish right But wait... there is actually activity... until I found the website, I thought it was dead.

Oh soooo many years

Comment

• Originally posted by prophet5 View Post
      That would be Did Not Finish right But wait... there is actually activity... until I found the website, I thought it was dead.

Oh soooo many years
      Well, for 3D Realms, it does mean Did Not Finish- as officially, they didn't finish the game, another studio directly affiliated with the publisher is doing that as part of a sealed settlement deal with 3DRealms. They didn't lose Duke fully, but I think they lost the deal with DNF at least partly.

Comment

• So any updated news on this.

I know it is expected in Q4 so more than likely nearer Xmas than now but it must getting polished for release.

Some actual game footage would be <3, ie a vid of a dev vs dev maybe even shoutcasted by some other dev explaining whats going on

Comment

• There should apparently be more news during the week:

Comment

• Check out new screenshots: http://oilrush-game.com/screenshots/

Comment

• It looks really great. Now we can see more enviorments than ice, and that smoke from the flames on the surface of the waters is really good.

Comment

• @Bitstream

Will the Unigine engine work on Xbox 360 and Mac soon too? I think for commercial games Xbox 360 support is really important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Will the Unigine engine work on Xbox 360 and Mac soon too? I think for commercial games Xbox 360 support is really important.
                  We have some formal issues with Xbox360 since we still don't have a license for developing middleware for it. However, we are working on that.

Mac isn't a priority platform for us now.

Comment

• Originally posted by binstream View Post
                    Check out new screenshots: http://oilrush-game.com/screenshots/

Looks very cool!
                    Will there be a beta?
                    Will the game have a build-in multiplayer system like battle.net?

Can you tell us a little about the SDK, what language do I need to know, can I make a complete total conversation mod?

Comment

• Originally posted by binstream View Post
                      We have some formal issues with Xbox360 since we still don't have a license for developing middleware for it. However, we are working on that.
                      Not my preferred platform, but sound business sense indeed.

Mac isn't a priority platform for us now.
                      Heh... I'm sure Jobs is thrilled to hear that.

It should be more of a matter of getting it to properly build in their build tools- it's similar to Linux as far as many of the middleware APIs that you'd use.

Comment

Working...
                      X