No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 256.53 Stable Linux Driver Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Anisotropy 16x for Win7 but disabled for Linux?

Comment

I noticed that when i was uploading them to the web... I forgot to set it in the .sh script. No little program like in windows to adjust the settings before you start the program. Unless I'm overlooking it.

I wasn't trying to compare windows this time anyways... I just wanted to point out SLI support for Linux needs some much needed work... AFR causes performance issues and SRF works but the performance is about the same as a single card.

I'll retest/reload the Linux results for Anisotropy 16x. Thank God I'm not Michael

Comment

I took the liberty of posting those results on the NVnews forums and hope this will further open their eyes to improve performance quickly. You can find the post here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...=153283&page=2

Please, always post such benchmarks and problems on NVnews forums. The driver devs also take a look at them, they are the only people who can make things change. The more people they encounter with such problems, the more pressure we can execute.

Comment

Sleep is still broken on my 9500GS. The system consistently deadlocks shortly after exiting sleep mode (Ubuntu 10.04 amd64). It used to work correctly on a X1950/radeon but haven't been able to make it work since I installed the nvidia card. Bah.

Comment

Yup, I'm glad its not only me getting utter crap performance with dual Fermi's. (GTX480)

Single card is much better performance, perhaps double the framerate.

Comment

Originally posted by spikestabber View Post
              Yup, I'm glad its not only me getting utter crap performance with dual Fermi's. (GTX480)

Single card is much better performance, perhaps double the framerate.
              The word "glad" seems rather misplaced We should me mad because Nvidia claims to support it but performance is in really bad shape! Yes, it works, but it's not of any use because of performance issues.

Many people including me have already pointed this out to Nvidia developers, but they don't want to respond. Are they working on it or not? Or are they just ignoring the problem?

Comment

Did you try 260.*?

Comment

260 didn't change a thing. Still a huge stuttering mess in Starcraft II no different than the previous drivers. Single card its smooth as butter.

Comment

Working...
                  X